Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Packard Proving Grounds - October 21, 2012

Yep, the Packard Proving Grounds is throwing an Open House Party on Sunday, October 21, 2012. This is a rain or shine event and starts at 1:00 PM – wrapping up at 5:00 PM

Packards and other collector cars will be on display. Food Service, activities for the kids, and a chance to tour the buildings. Best of all, the Johnny Trudell Band is returning for an afternoon of big-band sounds.

Come on out, we would like to see you.
    Name:  2012 Fall Open House - Copy.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  47.8 KB

Always a VERY cool event!!!

Making any weekend plans? Weather forecast is sunny and in the lower 60s.

Remember this Sunday is the free Open House at the Packard Proving Grounds. Begins at 1:00 PM and runs until 5:00 PM.

The PPG is located on the west side of Van Dyke halfway between 22 Mile Road and 23 Mile Road.

Come on out.

Four reasons to tour the Packard Proving Grounds:

#1. Albert Kahn's designs are open for all to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by p69rrh51; October-19-12 at 06:38 PM.

#2. Earthquake damage that is kept as part of the character of the building.

#3. You can see the employee entrance from 1580 East Grand Boulevard.

#4. And of course lots of Packards.

The attendance for our Fall Annual Open House was fantastic – easily our best turnout for this event ever.

Normally we like to start at 1:00 PM and I got there just before 11:30 to help set-up. But when I arrived things were already underway. A lot of cruisers rolled up early and were backing up onto VanDyke so we opened the gates for them. Soon afterward people started to arrive while we were still getting the place ready. It was busy all day until we closed up late in the afternoon.

I was so busy that I did not even have a chance to get out my camera and take some photos. If any of you attended, then I would ask you to post your photos to share and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

What a GREAT day! My friend and I had a good time. Thanx for the flyer.

Copied from the new brochure:

Farmers' Market at Packard Proving Grounds, 49965 Van Dyke Ave., Shelby Twp, MI 48317 between 22 & 23 Mile Rds

OUTDOORS Rain or Shine!

Saturdays 9am-2pm from May to October

Locally grown, Farm Fresh Fruits & Vegetables, Crafts, Flowers, Breads & Baked Goods, Fair Trade Organic Coffee, Honey, Local Businesses and more! Weekly cooking demonstratins with Chef Kendall Mitchell!
    ShelbyFarmersMarket.com