Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Kwame Kilpatrick Nearly Ruins Lunch

To be truthful, Forans ruined it, but when Bobby The Pistol Master and Kwhyme showed up near the end of the meal...I realized there might've been a little Adjustment Bureau involvement with our forced delay.

We waited and watched our impromptu tablemate get his sandwich and finish it, even though his order was made after ours. Just as my partner went inside to tell our waitperson that we were leaving without our food...the Thugs showed up during their break from Federal Prosecution proceedings.

I haven't been this close to the Big Diamond since some party at my old loft building five or six years ago. He is considerably smaller now, Ferguson too. Amazing what losing an entourage does to a person's stature.

He almost couldn't escape the throngs wanting to get their picture taken with him, or an autograph. It was an amazing sight. Disheartening, actually.

Foran's will get another chance...but hopefully our former mayor will not. Ever.
    Last edited by Gannon; October-04-12 at 03:29 AM.

Standard operating procedure for members of the elite 'click-and-tick' who are used to having their way, and those who apply appropriate obeisance 'step-to-it' when they make their presence...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    ...We waited and watched our impromptu tablemate get his sandwich and finish it, even though his order was made after ours. Just as my partner went inside to tell our waitperson that we were leaving without our food...

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Standard operating procedure for members of the elite 'click-and-tick' who are used to having their way, and those who apply appropriate obeisance 'step-to-it' when they make their presence...

Oh, don't get me wrong...the impromptu guest at OUR table wasn't Kwhyme. He was simply another known personality at the bar.

Lunch was ruined by Foran's BEFORE Kwhyme stepped into the place. First bad meal there, ever, so I'm trying to not make it bigger than it was.

It was simply funny that we were delayed by forty-five minutes, just long enough to see the Thugs arrive for their lunch.

We don't lunch together during the weekdays often, this one came about on a whim. I don't have any trouble with time, usually, but my honey only had an hour for food...and the only good thing about lunch was the weather and the company neither of us expected.

And I'm not talking Kwhyme and his Pistol Whip.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; October-04-12 at 06:55 AM.

Although, in retrospect...he might've wanted to put a face to the name. I've learned of meetings at some bar downtown during the aftermath when he stepped down. They were going over threads from the forum, and a casual friend who overheard some of the conversation called to warn me to stop posting under my own name. Twice.

Obviously, I didn't heed his warning.

Gannon, did you notice if the Goon and party paid first or just skipped out after eating? Ha!

My last trip to Grand Trunk was a disaster and I have not wanted to return since. But a friend that was with me back in the winter said that he has been there a number of times since without any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    Gannon, did you notice if the Goon and party paid first or just skipped out after eating? Ha!

My last trip to Grand Trunk was a disaster and I have not wanted to return since. But a friend that was with me back in the winter said that he has been there a number of times since without any problem.
    I wish we'd had time to stick around, I'll check with those I know today to see what happened.

We go there often and usually love the place. With some of the veteran workers, we get ovations...some good, some not. Either way, they know us.

The newbie workers have been the source of trouble, and I've noticed we don't see many of the same faces for long...so perhaps they've had trouble getting good help. Hard to believe, but who knows.

Their kitchen has been a bit topsy-turvy over the years, I know they had one manager they had to replace...but not until after they caused enough trouble for more than a few folks.

I think they stretch the server's sections too far apart, it always seems that everyone has to be far away for far too long...although the duration is longer when you're waiting for another drink. Worse when it is your first.

We ended up getting two servers at first, one of our favorites...and then one our tablemate knew pretty well. There was some confusion on who was taking our table...but the manager made sure someone came outside to cover us. I cut 'em slack, but it didn't make the chilled grilled cheese and cold lumpy, thick soup any better. I'd swear the Lemon Rice soup was a concentrate they forgot to add water to!

We were the only ones sitting outside...I can hardly handle the noise inside sometimes, and yesterday was harsh. Those new mortgage people are all somewhat deaf, from what I can tell.

He is considerably smaller now, Ferguson too. Amazing what losing an entourage does to a person's stature.

He almost couldn't escape the throngs wanting to get their picture taken with him, or an autograph. It was an amazing sight. Disheartening, actually.
    Or, as the saying goes, "Oh how the mighty have fallen."

Lunch is served in jail in a timely manner. Hopefully they will be eating there for a long time.
    I love Forans, though its it or miss lately.
    Speaking of bad lunches, I was at a place that I wont name a couple weeks ago. Bit into what tasted like a cigerette butt. Turned out to be a roach, not the bug kind. Simply awful experience.

Did Kwame get the tossed salad?

Da-yum! That's horrid!

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    ...I was at a place that I wont name a couple weeks ago. Bit into what tasted like a cigerette butt. Turned out to be a roach, not the bug kind. Simply awful experience.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-04-12 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Did Kwame get the tossed salad?
    ha, thats coming

Lunch is served in jail in a timely manner. Hopefully they will be eating there for a long time.
    Speaking of bad lunches, I was at a place that I wont name a couple weeks ago. Bit into what tasted like a cigerette butt. Turned out to be a roach, not the bug kind. Simply awful experience.
    I kind of wish you WOULD name the restaurant, that is horrifying.

Funny you should mention that. While I was at Cass, students on the varsity football squad [[which he was a part of) got in trouble for doing a dine and dash at a restaurant on Jefferson. Not sure if he was there, but it would not have surprised me.

Seriously, doing a dine and dash with green and white varsity jackets on. Oy vey..
    Last edited by Islandman; October-04-12 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    To be truthful, Forans ruined it, but when Bobby The Pistol Master and Kwhyme showed up near the end of the meal...I realized there might've been a little Adjustment Bureau involvement with our forced delay.

We waited and watched our impromptu tablemate get his sandwich and finish it, even though his order was made after ours. Just as my partner went inside to tell our waitperson that we were leaving without our food...the Thugs showed up during their break from Federal Prosecution proceedings.

I haven't been this close to the Big Diamond since some party at my old loft building five or six years ago. He is considerably smaller now, Ferguson too. Amazing what losing an entourage does to a person's stature.

Foran's will get another chance...but hopefully our former mayor will not. Ever.
    I wouldn't mistake folks jockeying to take a photo with him for adoration. I met him a few times and worked closely with some of his staff. I keep a Christmas card and my invitation to his last State of the City on display in my office. Folks who know me know that I do so purely out of Schadenfreude. I probably need a photo with him to add to my collection.

You really should name the place or give us enough info to figure it out with this sort of gross review.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagley View Post
    I wouldn't mistake folks jockeying to take a photo with him for adoration. I met him a few times and worked closely with some of his staff. I keep a Christmas card and my invitation to his last State of the City on display in my office. Folks who know me know that I do so purely out of Schadenfreude. I probably need a photo with him to add to my collection.
    Kinda like how I save the TEXT from that last State of the City, printed off the Freep website...and a few pristine copies of that MetroTimes "Just GO" cover. They were under glass in an impromptu industrial wirespool coffeetable back at my old loft!

Forgot how much fun it was to rest my feet on Kwhyme's face while listening to some good music at the end of a busy day.

You really should name the place or give us enough info to figure it out with this sort of gross review.
    The chances of this happening were slim, I just got lucky. There is no way I will ruin a place because of one dumb mistake. I didnt make a scene and the place was packed at the time. I know a lot of the staff, go their a lot and wont name names. But of course I will use this to my advantage
    lets get back on topic, sorry to have even brought it up

You're just waiting for the time you catch the cook alone and can ask him how long he looked for that damn thing after his rush was over!

Please don't unless accompanied with substantiated and verifiable proof. Not saying it didn't happen [I've saw this situation at a high-end place with a real roach] just protecting businesses against the possibility of someone using an open forum to falsely attack a competitor.

I think Kenp is acting wisely. I have had the occasional odd experience at pubs or restaurants that I truly enjoy. To me it's not worth sharing the odd event, why hurt their business? Weird things can happen at any place, a five star establishment or a dive.

"Did Kwame get the tossed salad?"

Was he eating crow?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "Did Kwame get the tossed salad?"

Was he eating crow?
    Maybe Foran's should have a special for the duration of the trial. A 'Dont Drop the Soap' special. ha!

I think Kenp is acting wisely.
    Haha thats a first

Kwame or no, the service at Foran's can be pretty spotty sometimes. I have not found the food worth the potential time commitment, and now only go there for a drink or two.

Did you smoke it?

Stromberg2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast