Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Malice Green

9mile&seneca Guest

Default Malice Green

I start this thread fully realizing that being labeled a racist in 21st century America is like being accused of being a witch in 17th century Massachusetts. Has there been any discussion about the two innocent cops who were crucified for arresting a thug felon in the fair city? I know that there was, and maybe still is a mural of the wonderful citizen who was a credit to the motor city. I have been thinking on this for some time and decided that I'm going to bring it up and take the flak.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mile&seneca View Post
    I start this thread fully realizing that being labeled a racist in 21st century America is like being accused of being a witch in 17th century Massachusetts.
    I agree. We all know there are only liberal race baiters who keep lying to minorities trying to convince them racists still exist. Their goal is just to keep minorities down and use them by getting rich off of their misery. Racism ended a good 300 years ago, anyone with a brain knows that. Now, reverse racism on the other hand is running rampant. I can't begin to tell you how many opportunities have been snatched away from innocent hard working white people because of lazy entitlement addled minorities.

I don't think the cops were so innocent. What could possess them to beat the man's head in with a heavy metal flashlight because he wouldn't open his hand? Don't say they were afraid he had a weapon in there, it was drugs they were looking for by their own admission.

Malice in Wonderland was the best analogy that I heard.

9mile&seneca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I agree. We all know there are only liberal race baiters who keep lying to minorities trying to convince them racists still exist. Their goal is just to keep minorities down and use them by getting rich off of their misery. Racism ended a good 300 years ago, anyone with a brain knows that. Now, reverse racism on the other hand is running rampant. I can't begin to tell you how many opportunities have been snatched away from innocent hard working white people because of lazy entitlement addled minorities.
    Yes, unfortunately, racism still exists. In two distinct varieties. Non acceptable,government sanctionable white on black, and socially acceptable black on white.

Yes, unfortunately, racism still exists. In two distinct varieties. Non acceptable,government sanctionable white on black, and socially acceptable black on white.
    Another white guy being oppressed by the black man.

It was a watershed case certainly. What was always weird to me was that officers Budzyn and Nevers claimed LATE IN THEIR TESTIMONIES that Green went after one of the officers gun during the tussle, thus why they applied lethal force.

I always wondered why this was not presented early on if it were true?

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I don't think the cops were so innocent. What could possess them to beat the man's head in with a heavy metal flashlight because he wouldn't open his hand? Don't say they were afraid he had a weapon in there, it was drugs they were looking for by their own admission.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-03-12 at 09:18 PM.

You don't believe this shit.

So why are you trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    You don't believe this shit.

So why are you trolling?
    Maybe he is trying to separate the Archie Bunkers from the Jesse Jacksons?

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Another white guy being oppressed by the black man.
    Black men are some of the most oppressive in this country. Look at how they have taken over the ghettos and jails in this country. Most of the low wage jobs in this country have also been stolen by black men. If you want to be poor, unemployed, inferior education, and on a career path to prison, it is significantly harder to accomplish that as a white man because evil oppressive black men have taken all of those positions from you. I'd be mad if I was white.

The two white cops changed their stories more often than their underwear. The one question that was never asked or answered is "what happened to the alleged packet of crack that they claimed Green had in his hand, but wouldn't release?" that was, after all, the first reason they gave for starting to hit him with their clubs. It was never logged in. Never entered into evidence. There was absolutely NO evidence given to support lethal force

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    One question I never see asked is why didn't Green just open his hand?

its pretty cut and dry, no sense re-hashing the entire incident and trial...

two white guys with no past history of racism saw a black guy in the city of detroit [[completly out of place) and decided to cave his skull in for no other reason other than they could..... end of story....

they were tried by jurors that were shown the movie malcom X [[which starts with the rodney king beating), which in no way influenced them, nor did the chief of police and mayor influence anyone by immediate declaring them murderers before ANY evidence was presented...

both Budsyn and Nevers could have just walked away from the confrontational Green and this would have never happened... of course if all police walked away from criminals, you would have something resembling the current state of detroit... so why bother

Never mind.
    Last edited by brizee; October-04-12 at 01:05 AM.

Why bring up now something that happened nearly 20 years ago, which has long since been settled in the court system, and was discussed at length long ago?

I guess what I'm asking is, why be a troll?

Well that's a good point...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Both Budsyn and Nevers could have just walked away from the confrontational Green and this would have never happened... of course if all police walked away from criminals, you would have something resembling the current state of detroit... so why bother

I've always wondered about this: There were as many as seven officers present at one time during the Malice Green incident. I assume they all had department-issued weapons -- nightsticks, MACE, etc. How is it that they couldn't subdue one unarmed guy who stood about 5-foot-6 and weighed about 140 pounds soaking wet without beating him to death?

I know, I know -- he was probably high on crack. But seven on one?

I'm not telling you I'd want to live next door to a guy like Malice Green. But he didn't deserve to die the way he did. This was police misconduct, pure and simple.

I have considered it quite telling that despite the killing of Malice Green being a touchstone for many Detroiters, the painted memorial is covered in graffiti and the site is nothing but another burned out building.

Here is a man who has been mythologized, if not beatified, but when it comes down to reality, his death is memorialized by chip bags, broken wine bottles and spray paint.

A lot of people think Detroiters are great at protesting and chanting and marching and prayer, but not so good with a broom. That is what Malice means to me.

I start this thread fully realizing that being labeled a racist in 21st century America is like being accused of being a witch in 17th century Massachusetts.
    You deserve the flak you mention. You start the thread with a ridiculous comparison. Where are racists being burned at a stake, hung or drowned by the legal system in 21st Century America? In reality they openly wear their swastikas and hoods and are protected in doing so by the first amendment.

You follow with a false statement and hyperbole.
    ...two innocent cops who were crucified...
    They are not innocent. They are legally convicted felons who served their time in prison, not nailed on a cross.

The mural, meh, I'd bet 9 out of 10 who pass it have no idea who it is.

I will have to swing by for an update pic but this Google Street view dated July 2009 shows the mural in decent condition. Interesting is that Google applied it policy of blurring faces to the mural.

Attachment 15903

http://goo.gl/maps/ep5fN

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I have considered it quite telling that despite the killing of Malice Green being a touchstone for many Detroiters, the painted memorial is covered in graffiti and the site is nothing but another burned out building.

Here is a man who has been mythologized, if not beatified, but when it comes down to reality, his death is memorialized by chip bags, broken wine bottles and spray paint.

A lot of people think Detroiters are great at protesting and chanting and marching and prayer, but not so good with a broom. That is what Malice means to me.
    Actually, Gnome, I don't know anyone who mythologized or beatified Malice Green. Most people I discussed this case with recognize him for what he was, a small time criminal and drug addict. Most of those same people think you shouldn't get the death penalty for that.

It's been 20 years after Malice Green was beaten to death by 2 white Detroit Police officers on the W.Warren and 23rd on November 2nd. I thought it's going another race riot that will destroy not only Detroit but the suburbs as well.

there were conflicting coroner reports regarding the cause of death

the jury decided it was the flashlight, not the enlarged heart and body hepped on who knows what drugs that killed him...

From today...

The shrine appears to have changed little since 2009. The eyes have been defaced a little.

"I don't know anyone who mythologized or beatified Malice Green."

I'm always amazed that houses in the area are torn down, but the shrine to Malice Green, complete with memorial date, remains unscathed. If that isn't honoring a legand, I don't know what is. Coleman Young was able to show up Sunday mornings with bulldozers and tear down historic Victorian houses so there wouldn't be a run in with Preservation Wayne.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast