Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Monica Conyers Pleads Guilty

it should be on freep.com in a few minutes if not already. Other council members may be indicted this morning.
    Last edited by Lowell; June-26-09 at 02:56 PM.

How funny is this? She wanted to sue the people she took bribes from...

http://freep.com/article/20090203/NE...03043/0/NEWS01

""Detroit City Council President Monica Conyers asked the city’s Law Department to look in to suing Synagro Technologies for bribing city officials to pass the Synagro sludge contract.""

Oh happy day!

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    it should be on freep.com in a few minutes if not already. Other council members may be indicted this morning.

Damn. I was hoping for a long drawn out trial. I guess I'll have to settle for Matty vs. MDOT.

Fidel Guest

Strawman lyrics

We who have so much
    to you who have so little
    to you won don't have anything at all
    We who have so much
    more than any one man does need
    and you who don't have anything at all
    Does anybody need another million dollar movie
    Does anybody need another million dollar star
    Does anybody need to be told over and over
    Spitting in the wind comes back at you twice as hard
    Strawman, going straight to the devil
    Does anyone need another politician
    caught with her pants down
    money sticking in her hole / Lou Reed

Ding dong. The witch is dead. The witch is dead. Ding dong. The evil witch is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTROIT View Post
    Damn. I was hoping for a long drawn out trial. I guess I'll have to settle for Matty vs. MDOT.

I hate to break it to you, but Matty vs. MDOT is going to be quick. But, you may not like the outcome. MDOT is going to show us the same thing that Kwame did. Once you go to court, you expose yourself to either tell the truth or perjure yourself. Civil servants aren't about to take hits for the DRIC. The truth to the DRIC selection process is MDOT's achilles heel.

But hey, that's for another thread.

So long Monica, give our regards to the other prisoners in cell block H.

Stosh Guest

Well, at least in Detroit, this sure took out the Michael Jackson story. Just like that. Poof.

Kraig,

Well at least I can still look forward to Kwame and Kwame Sr. getting slammed in connection to this Synagro stuff. Bernard is gonna get hit for sure, and I'm convinced that Kwame is the Fed's big target...

How long before this Federal investigation brings the former mayor back to town?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    How long before this Federal investigation brings the former mayor back to town?

I don't know. It can't be soon enough, that's for sure. Now that she's being watched, his momma better send him a bus ticket instead of chartering a private jet.

Interesting, her lawyer thinks she'll get 3 years, the feds say 5:

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...ynagro-scandal

per Kraig's entry:
    "I don't know. It can't be soon enough, that's for sure. Now that she's being watched, his momma better send him a bus ticket instead of chartering a private jet."

Rep. Cheeks Kilpatrick under investigation
    Last edited by Bobl; June-26-09 at 09:42 AM.

does that immediately knock her off city council?

yes, she is off council once she plead guilty.

That means that Denise Toviler will have to find a new shark for her remora act.

Is RNC Chairman Steel in town to celebrate or see if there's a one in million chance for a Republican to now win something in Wayne County?

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...t+this+morning

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHabitater View Post
    does that immediately knock her off city council?
    I wish. Quote from the Free Press:

Conyers’ plea does not mean she will immediately leave office automatically, said Detroit attorney Bill Goodman.

Goodman, who represented the City Council in its fight to oust ex-mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, said the city charter requires a council member to step down “the minute he or she is convicted of a felony. In federal court, that process is complete at the sentencing.”

No resignation letter has been submitted by Conyers to Detroit City Council as of this morning, according to the council clerk’s office, Council President Ken Cockrel Jr.’s office, and council’s legal office.

The pressure to resign amid taking bribes in connection to her office will be too much even for Monica to stand up to....

good point Cooper, thanx for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTROIT View Post
    The pressure to resign amid taking bribes in connection to her office will be too much even for Monica to stand up to....
    Nope not Monica she'll hang on even longer than Kwame.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman0077 View Post
    Nope not Monica she'll hang on even longer than Kwame.

She'll be gone within a week. After getting his ass kicked by her so much over the past year, Ken Cockrel is probably salivating at the chance to preside over forfeiture proceedings.
    Last edited by kraig; June-26-09 at 10:08 AM.

Maybe she'll make a deal with the Feds - and then she'll live in a $2 million house in Texas next to Kwame...

The New York Post put it best after O.J. was convicted...

NOW ROT!

No. Her hsuband will still have his job as a Michigan Congressman so she'll have to settle for living in a $2 million home next to Jackson. In the meantime, she can sharpen her cooking skills at a Federal penn though I doubt she'll end up getting out early for good behavior.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast