Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Detroit 2025

Default Detroit 2025

an architects vision of the future

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...gined-13108807

That what's Detroit would like in 2025. Here's my POV on Detroit 2025:

1. Detroit 2025 population 900,345

40% black, 34% white, 16% hispanic, 7% Asian 1% other.

2. John Duggan [[Grand-nephew of Mike Duggan is Mayor) Democrat.

3. After 10 years of planning the new Mike Illitch Memorial tower will be built at the Monroe St. Block near Campus Martius site. The memorial tower with feature 130 stories of 25 seat movie theatre for 10 stories, 60 bowling lanes for 2 stories, 3 floors of shopping malls. Microsoft will have 50 stories of the corporate offices. Compuware will lease 40 stories and 15 stories of private luxury condos.

4. The remaining residents living the Dexter-Davision to W. Grand Blvd neighborhood will have to vacant the area within 60 days for a private developer to build 5,000 new homes and urban farming projects. Protesters were fighting against the ideal saying their neighorhood is historic and can not be demolished. Detroit Police went into those near wrecked homes and raided those who refuse this eminent domain proposals.

"My granparents used to raise me here. I hate to see my home gone" said Javon Wheeler is long time resident on La Salle St near Clairmount St.

The remaining resident recieved up to 50,000 to relocate to occupied areas in Detroit or suburbs. Rich Horowritcz president of Urban Ventures said the new project will eliminate blight from the West Side Detroit Area.

5. In Detroit's West Side Warrendale neighborhood 10 year old black male was shot on the corner of Paul and Artesian St. when walking to Carver Elementary School Wednesday morning. Detroit Police said that a group of Muslim boys surrounded the boy and one of them pulled a gun and shot him 4 times and ran. The Police are looking for the shooters.

Suburban news.

1. In Southfield a housefire happen at the Twyckingham Estates neighborhood on Lahser south of 12 Mile Rd. No one was home at the time. Southfield Fire Dept. reported that it was arson.

2. In Warren mayor Devante Jackson [[first black mayor) attended a ribbon cutting cermony for a its new downtown shopping district just east of Van Dyke Rd. and north of 12 Mile Rd. The new Downtown will feature Emigine 20 Theatres, Macy's, JCPennys, Van Maur and Sears. along with 100 retails, resturants and bars.

3. In Grosse Pointe Woods a robbery took place on the corner of Mack and Venier Ave. at a "Sub King Shop" the owner is dead and one customer is injured. The Shooting was gang related. Police are looking for the gunman.

In Sports

Seven time and co-2024 World Series Champions Detroit Tigers are in 67-0 game winning streak the longest in MLB history when they defeat the Chicago White Sox 5 to 2. in sold out attendence Comerica Park. Tiger pitcher Mark Hannenberg pitched a complete game. Daniel Rodriguez made a solo home run his 27th in game.

Sad news from Former Chicago Bulls Point Guard Michael Jordan. He has passed away after long battle with brain tumor. Jordan lead the Chicago Bulls to 6 seperate NBA Championships from 1993 to 1996. Then he retired due to his death of this father. Jordan came back to the Bulls in 1998 and win championships from 98 to 2001. The he went to the Washington Wizards. Michael 'Air' Jordan improved pro-basketball in last 20 century and lead the U.S. Olympic Dream Team their gold medal in Barcelona. Jordan will be missed he will be buried in Arlington National Cemetary in Virginia. Jordan was 61 years old.

Detroit Lions had begun their training in their new facility in Dearborn, MI. Just recently The Lions won their first Super Bowl LVII Championship against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Sooo, you saying this will never happen? [[Sarcasm)

Check out Downtown Detroit! I see 4 new huge skyscrapers in the city center, much taller than GM Rencen. Could it lose its title as Detroit's tallest..soon??

Haha. Are you kidding me? They're still going to be trying to figure out what neighborhoods need to be involved in the rightsizing and trying to fight off Matty in court. That vision is more like 2100. We will all be long gone.