Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hoffa Again - Now buried under a driveway in Roseville?

WXYZ is reporting that a tipster has made this claim. Ground penetrating radar equipment has detected an 'anomaly'.

Finally a solution or someone trying to get new driveway?

Remember the farm they tore up the last time? There seems to be a "Where's Waldo" element to the history of this case.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/rosevil...ch-for-remains

Ugh I don't know what to say about this. Is it a pathetic, waste of resources? Or is it perseverance by the justice system?

Does this say anything about Detroit or does it all fall on the Feds?
    The story is up on Yahoo's front page right now.

I don't know which is worse: Reading about more Hoffa digs or the fact that I'm still using Yahoo
    Last edited by splake; September-27-12 at 01:08 AM.

I heard a rumor that Hoffa is buried at the Uniroyal site in the highly contaminated soil area. I urge law enforcement to dig up the site and remediate the soil!

Why would Goombas drag a high profile dead guy from Bloomfield all the way over to a busy neighborhood in Roseville to bury him?

My money is still on him being buried by concrete under the RenCen. Makes for a better ending to the story...
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; September-27-12 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Add

I'm old enuff to remember when Hoffa disappeard. Matter of fact when the big rumor was that he was buried up north by Mc Bain Michigan, My Father and Uncle thought that would be a nice car ride while we were Up North to go see the site. Saw no Hoffa, But I got Ice Cream.
    35 yrs later, I see these stoies pop up, HOFFA REMAINS BURIED ....... [[Fill in the blank). I agree with the last post on where Hoffa is. And from what Lowell posted, I need some concete replaced. Think it was Poured in the mid 70's...
    Last edited by reddog289; September-27-12 at 12:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Couldn't the cops have just gone ahead and quietly taken the core samples or whatever they need to do without ballyhooing it beforehand? It's going to be a media circus today, and it all could have been avoided. Unless, of course, they wanted a circus.

Wouldn't his body have decomposed by now?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Wouldn't his body have decomposed by now?
    You'd think, but if not...he would be one step closer to sainthood!

I wonder how much fun this'd be if random people went around digging up each of our grandparents. I feel for Goeff and the other Hoffas who have to put up with all this bullshit periodically.

No cheers on this...

Poor Hoffa, buried in Roachville. Couldn't they have disposed of him in a classier location?

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Poor Hoffa, buried in Roachville. Couldn't they have disposed of him in a classier location?
    They didn't have the lofts and boutique shops in Royal Oak back in 1975 to burry him under.

Like Luca Brasi, he sleeps with the fishes.

Shollin Guest

The fact still remains that the equipment detected something buried there and it probably isn't Hoffa but something is there and it could be someone else who has been missing. If a guy says someone is buried there and there's a body, there's a story to this regardless if it's Hoffa.

Ugh who the hell cares about hoffa?!! Move on!

Before they start digging, they need to put up one of those signs highway departments use ...

"Your Tax Dollars at Work"

[QUOTE=reddog289;342940]... I see these stoies pop up, HOFFA REMAINS BURIED ......./QUOTE]

Let's change the word remains to the verb. Hoffa remains buried somewhere that we'll never know.

Shollin Guest

Roseville police are saying they doubt it's Hoffa, but they believe a body may be there

I need a new driveway...

HAH! He looked a bit like Luca too!

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Like Luca Brasi, he sleeps with the fishes.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    I need a new driveway...
    The person who made the claim is not the homeowner. In fact, the person who made the claim doesn't even live in Michigan.

I thought everybody knew that when the cement was poured to build the median on the John C. Lodge Freeway Hoffa's body was thrown into the wet cement. Who didn't know that????
    Last edited by MidTownMs; September-28-12 at 11:18 AM.

At which intersection? ------

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I thought everybody knew that when the cement was poured to build the median on the John C. Lodge Freeway Hoffa's body was thrown into the wet cement. Who didn't know that????

Let me get this straight!

1. in 1975 Teamsters Boss Jimmy Hoffa dissapeared coming from a restuarant in West Bloomfield TWP.

2. The FBI thinks that Hoffa was kidnapped by the mafia!

3. Tips say that the his body was buried at some basement of a Detroit home. It was never found.

4. Tips said that his body was buried at some farmland in north central Michigan. It was never found.

5. Now tips said that his body was buried at some Roseville home. My theory is that it will never be found, but something esle must have contaminated the soil!

So far Jimmy Hoffa's body will never be found. He could be caught in the some interdimentional wormhole, or kidnapped by aliens, or the mafia took his body and either dump it somewhere in the five Great Lakes or probably burn it to ashes. It take a 1,000 years and the body of Jimmy Hoffa will never be found.
    Last edited by Danny; September-28-12 at 12:54 PM.

Hoffa being buried in Roseville isn't necessarily a crazy idea. It seems logical that his killers would want to get rid of the body asap and probably wouldn't want to transport it a long distance. I would guess that it is somewhere in the metro Detroit area.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    The person who made the claim is not the homeowner. In fact, the person who made the claim doesn't even live in Michigan.
    The person who made the claim is Jimmy Hoffa. Living in Alaska,
    disguised as Sarah Palin...

Now THAT's a conspiracy theorist!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast