Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Carmen Slowski/Kwame Kilpatrick Part II

I always wondered when Ms. Slowski would be identified. Maybe we will find out.

I also have been following the blogs written by reporters from the courtroom and the stuff today makes you do a head-slap.

Seems that Kwame K asked for several, hundreds of thousands of dollars in grant money for two, non-profits for some vague “community service” projects. Trouble is the money went to Bobby F. to renovate his office building and $91,000 went to Carlita K. as a “salary.” Bobby’s grant was stopped in mid-stream when he could not verify what he was doing with the money.

My beef is that these grants are intentionally vague so that they are difficult to monitor, if at all.

Now Kwame’s defense attorney is saying that is the way it is done, it’s “all politics” – there is give and take to reach a compromise. All implying that the grants were good, nothing to see here, just move along. Wonder how many on the jury are buying this?