Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Very Cool Picture! [Ren Cen Photo Overlay]

I found this picture on Flikr. I thought it was very very cool..

Name:  rencen.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  30.3 KB

That is a cool pic!

Stromberg2

I think this is what we had in mind when we said we hoped GM wouldn't go overboard with the new led's.

I agree don :-)

1. Excellent find, love this image.
    2. Shame on you for not citing the image source.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Most likely from RebeccaMich, or a derivative thereof.

At first glance it looked like a stack of beer cans. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Most likely from RebeccaMich, or a derivative thereof.

At first glance it looked like a stack of beer cans. LOL!
    At second glance the Moon isn't properly aligned with the celestial equator. Double LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post

Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me...

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Well people shouldn't have to be told to credit the creator. It's disrespectful, not to mention against forum rules and flickr rules.

But I appreciate you showing it, otherwise I'd never would have found it.
    Last edited by wolverine; September-27-12 at 01:20 AM.

Ah the joy of Photoshop!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    At second glance the Moon isn't properly aligned with the celestial equator. Double LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    No, there is no excusing your lack of "netiquette", which arguably keeps a lot more "very cool" pictures and images from being uploaded and shared on the Internet.

Let me give you a personal example. I have my own Internet domain and use several subdomains for various web sites I have created. I pay not only an annual fee to "own" the domain, I also pay several hundred dollars annually to have my domain hosted on the Internet.

Over the years I have acquired a large number of old photos taken in and around the small town where I grew up [[and which has no historical society). I've spent considerable time researching them so that I could write an accurate caption for each one. I then created a web site where I display the uploaded photos and captions on various web pages. Over the past 8 years, I've averaged about 7,000 visitors and 18,000 page views annually to that web site. Pretty good traffic for a web site about a town that maxed out at 10,000 residents in 1970. I have no advertising on this or any of my other web sites and I make no money from them - they are there for all to enjoy.

However, due to "hotlinking" and other abuses of my generosity, I am no longer updating that web site as I acquire additional old images.

Recently, an "I grew up in ...." Facebook group was created, which I soon joined and which now includes 500+ members. One day, I noticed that a new group member had uploaded a dozen or so of the old photos that are on my site. He added very little information in the caption of "his" photos and where he did, several of them had dates that were off by 10 or more years. A couple of group members challenged his more obvious caption errors and others asked where he had found the old photos, to which he simply replied, "on the Internet". It was left to me to add a comment to each of "his" photos, in which I
    a) copied and pasted my original caption for that photo
    b) credited myself as the source of the photo and caption information
    c) included a link to my web site where others could find additional similar photos.

If you are going to share a "find" with others, the least you can do is provide a link to the location where you found it. The person who put it there for you to enjoy will benefit from the added traffic you send their way and those who click on the link you provide will benefit from possibly finding additional images that they will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    However, due to "hotlinking" and other abuses of my generosity, I am no longer updating that web site as I acquire additional old images.
    Simple solution: http://bit.ly/UNa7qL