Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Closed Fire Stations are not off limits to scrappers it seems?

One of those two-story brass firepoles is the scrapper Holy Grail.

so what happens to closed fire stations.. what if anything, can they be converted to?

The coolest lofts on the planet.

A restaurant.

Entertainment/recording space.

Yoga studio.

Any number of martial arts training.

Small personal shared gym space.

Car Wash.

Lemonade Stand Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    so what happens to closed fire stations.. what if anything, can they be converted to?
    They could be converted back to active fire stations.

The beautiful old home of the "Junction Boys" was wide open yesterday. I noticed that some Victorian-era radiators that earlier I had seen stacked up near the open door were gone.

I have no idea who to call when that building is open. I called 911 once and they said I should call BS&E - never open when the old fire station is being ransacked.

I heard t these stations are in the hands of a property broker and the City won't respond to calls. to calls about them.

Oh well - pretty soon Junction Ave. will be leveled entirely as there have been no lights for years.

Fire Stations ? LoL There are countless videos in youtube of people exploring Detroit area abandoned police departments littered with evidence and city joints that still have their lights burning.

That scrap fire pole probably would bring a nice Benjamin.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    They could be converted back to active fire stations.

Who will work there...

Check out the one behind St. Anne's Church and the other old fire house on Bagley @ Sixth. There was one on Michigan Ave that had been converted to a restaurant, but after the owner died in an automobile accident, it was deserted. Things can be done to make them useable.

Nothing is 'off limits' to scrappers. If I were a Detroit police officer, I'd keep an eye on my car.