Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Iranian Ownership of KFC and Wendy"s, truth or rumor?

Overheard a KFC employee talking to the banker about a debit card issued to him by his employer KFC whose funds are drawn on an Iranian bank. He was having trouble using it. He further stated that most KFCs and Wendy's are now owned by Iranian interests. I do notice Wendy's making dramatic changes to the structures at some of their restaurants. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

As far as I know, KFC is owned by Yum Brands, as well as Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - but not Wendys. They're a company that's been in business for years in the US, I used to work for them and know a few people that still work for them. Never heard anything about Iranian interests and doubt that that's true. Maybe his employer has a franchise and the rest are rumors? That doesn't even sound legal. He needs to contact somebody, legal or the labor board or something!

Yum is a spinoff of Pepsi. Wendy's at one time had the franchise rights for Tim Horton's its a totally separate company from Ym.

What does all of this have to do with Detroit?

This is the man who owns Triarc, which is the company that owns Wendy:
    Nelson Peltz

jewishvirtuallibrary.org

Nelson Peltz is an American businessman and a founding partner, together with Peter W. May and Edward P. Garden, of Trian Fund Management. L.P., an alternative investment management fund, based in New York. Wikipedia

He further stated that most KFCs and Wendy's are now owned by Iranian interests.
    And? Your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    This is the man who owns Triarc, which is the company that owns Wendy:
    As of 2008, which is about the time it started to go downhill, now that I think about it. It's AWFUL now, and I don't know who to blame so I'll blame Triarc! lol

This sounds like the crap that Debbie Schelessal promoted a few years back about Caribu Coffee being owned by some Muslim group that funded terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    This sounds like the crap that Debbie Schelessal promoted a few years back about Caribu Coffee being owned by some Muslim group that funded terrorists.
    Or about Target being based in France. I guess the people who believe that one are the ones that pronounce it 'Tarjay'

She's also the bat-sh!t nutty person that bagged against the DIA for having Islamic art and somehow linking us to terrorism.

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...bbie_schlussel

The largest Wendy's franchise, Tar Heel Capital in North Carolina, is run by an American [[Jim Furmann) and was founded in America in 1977.

As for KFC, I know Kazi MAnagement [[owner is Zubair Kazi) owns many stores in this state, but they may be selling them off as they go through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding. I'm not sure is Zubair Kazi is Iranian though, and the company is based in America.

Even so, I still don't see the conspiracy. Besides, that still doesn't change the fact that the food is toxic, since they likely use GM products, amongst other things.
    Last edited by 313WX; September-25-12 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    As for KFC,

that still doesn't change the fact that the food is toxic,
    Best laxative I know of.

Zabair Kazi was born in India, left there in 1969 when he was 23 and came to LA where he started as a helper at a KFC, and worked his way up. The American dream!

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    The largest Wendy's franchise, Tar Heel Capital in North Carolina, is run by an American [[Jim Furmann) and was founded in America in 1977.
    Even so, I still don't see the conspiracy. Besides, that still doesn't change the fact that the food is toxic, since they likely use GM products, amongst other things.
    If they used Ford products, would that be better?

Back to topic... what's wrong with Iranians? I've found them to be pretty cool people stuck with a brutal government.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Best laxative I know of.
    ever been to White Castle?

Good one, Wesley Mouch! This thing about pinning an Iranian tag on something and then expecting everyone to just march along with the idea that means its BAD, has got to go. See Papal Bull of 1452.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    If they used Ford products, would that be better?
    GM = Genetically modified food.

Snopes' clarification of Caribou Coffee ownership. An investor backed by the Islamic Bank of Bahrain purchased the chain. The chain's CEO is an American. The CEO of the Islamic bank had made comments some considered controversial but he is no longer with the Bank. Snopes offered no support for the opinion that any owners of Caribou had ever financed terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Snopes' clarification of Caribou Coffee ownership. An investor backed by the Islamic Bank of Bahrain purchased the chain. The chain's CEO is an American. The CEO of the Islamic bank had made comments some considered controversial but he is no longer with the Bank. Snopes offered no support for the opinion that any owners of Caribou had ever financed terrorists.
    That was my point. Sometimes nut jobs just like to slap a tag onto a person or company that is supposed to make them somehow "bad". Like somebody stated earlier, what's wrong with someone being Iranian?