Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default $2 mill stolen from armored van at Strong Steel on East side this morn.

A dude I know was there at strong this morn at 7am and saw the van right before it was taken. Cant believe that company would let 2 mill ride around in a van like that. Im sure its armored but its nothing like a Brinks truck.

Bet whoever took it just wanted the van.
    Had no idea they were hitting the jackpot!

How exactly do two masked men get that close to two armed armored truck drivers in Detroit without alerting the spidey senses? This doesn't seem like a densely built area, so an ambush seems a little... weird.

Reports state that the money was recovered with the truck because the goons couldn't get into the safe

$2 million in cash? I find that hard to swallow. Was it from the steel place? Its not exactly a cash business.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    $2 million in cash? I find that hard to swallow. Was it from the steel place? Its not exactly a cash business.
    It is where the scrappers get cash for dismantling Detroit. So yes it is a cash business big time.

Actually it was an ATM truck. No word on how much cash got heisted.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012092...ite-in-Detroit

Hmmm, they sure didn't get very far, now did they?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Hmmm, they sure didn't get very far, now did they?
    I wonder where Kwhyme and his buddy Bobby-50-Shades-of-Pistol-Whipping were for breakfast?! Don't think they had to be in court until nine, right?!

It was the best way for Soave to transfer that much cash with all the eyes on their backs.

If he didn't make the payment...maybe more would've been revealed about the private plane trips. I wish I could remember where I heard that one about the second or third stripper from the unprovable party somehow arriving in Atlanta for a staged death well away from the Manoogian.

I'm just sayin'. Guy can speculate, can't he?!

"Bobby 50 shades of pistol whipping....." hahahahahahahaha

Nothing more than stupid criminals.

They probably stole the van thinking they where in the money, realized it was locked in the safe and got scared the van had GPS and decided to abandon it before they got caught.

Just glad nobody got hurt when it was stolen.

money was not in a safe it was in the boxes that get loaded into the atm's they are prefilled pull the empty box from the machine and put in the new full box of cash. I doubt they are more then a thin box since the atm housing is usually the armored part of the machine.

oh and that is the perfect van to fill atm's does not draw the attention an armored truck would. They can fill those machine in minutes in and out quick with very few people noticing.

I would think an armored truck would be much more intimidating that a simple white F350 van. If I were a theif Id much more want to go after a van w 2 mill over an armored car.

Wonder if they will get away with it as the FBI is now involved. They have a lot of resources and a lot of brains in tackling this type of thing.

I heard they wore masks, can anyone confirm this?

​I think it was an inside job.

craziness.. but if a secret service U-Haul truck can be stolen...

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle St. View Post
    Bet whoever took it just wanted the van.
    Had no idea they were hitting the jackpot!
    I bet the perps had their routine timed to the minute!