Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Second security guard killed in line of duty at Pandemonium Nightclub

If I owned the club, at this point, I might start thinking about changing the name.

Either close the doors of this pit forever or put metal detectors at the front door to check people out before they come into the place.

It's awful this stuff is happening downtown. While any crime is unacceptable, Downtown should be a safe haven for workers, residents and visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    If I owned the club, at this point, I might start thinking about changing the name.
    Better yet, close the club and open a new one in beautiful downtown Ishpeming.

They should turn this place into a Cheesecake Factory! More Filling, Less Killing.

Why do people still go to this club. I read somewhere that 3 people have died there in the past 16 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Why do people still go to this club. I read somewhere that 3 people have died there in the past 16 months.
    Maybe they're thrill seekers?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Maybe they're thrill seekers?
    Cedar Point's only a two-hour drive away, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    keepin it real...

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    They should turn this place into a Cheesecake Factory! More Filling, Less Killing.
    well, except for the whole clogged arteries thing

A friend of mine's brother was the guy killed there last year, shot to death by the bouncers while he attempted to run them over with his truck. He was forcibly removed from the club as well. Then their security tape of what had occured inside the building and out "mysteriously" disappeared.

Seems like this place has some serious clientele and credibility issues.

Seriously.?!
    That place is T_R_O_U_B_L_E no matter what the name. I think it's time to put a nice, safe office building in!

Pandemouium:

wild uproar or unrestrained disorder; tumult or chaos.
    2. a place or scene of riotous uproar or utter chaos.
    3. [[ often initial capital letter ) the abode of all the demons.
    4. hell.

Maybe they just picked a bad name?

The city should declare it a public nuisance and get a court order permanently padlocking it. They did this with Anderson's Gardens years ago.
    Last edited by Gianni; September-24-12 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Better yet, close the club and open a new one in beautiful downtown Ishpeming.
    I will be there in a couple of weeks. Ill scope out some possible locations and get back to you. Lots of competition in that city though, every corner has a bar already!

where exactly is this place downtown, i'd rather not accidentally walk past while downtown..

Its right next to St. Andrews Hall. They have had issues with that place since I was underage and it was called Chasis.

They just had another shoot out there... looks like they are closing this JOINT down! Good...

Video: Shots ring out at Club Pandemonium in Detroit

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19...obref=obinsite

The sign has been removed from the building. Does this mean it's closed?

Why can't the DPD just padlock a place for being a public nuisance and danger to the community? It shouldn't require any judicial actions or anything. It should be within the police powers to shut down severe public nuisances.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    As long as people continue to come there in spite of the gun shooting, the business will remain open.

This speaks more about the clientele than the business owner [[granted the business owner isn't innocent either).

I'm re-reading the Freep article linked in the original post:

Investigators say a patron of the nightclub on Congress near Fort and Washington was thrown out after he hit a woman inside and returned firing shots that hit Jackson in the back.
    Just another example of how out-of-touch the Dailies are in reporting. The club is on East Congress. Fort and Washington are on the west side of downtown. The irony here is that on one corner of Fort and Washington is the parking lot behind the old Free Press Building. Do these reporters even set foot in the city anymore to file their stories?
    Last edited by downtownguy; September-29-12 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I'm re-reading the Freep article linked in the original post:

Just another example of how out-of-touch the Dailies are in reporting. The club is on East Congress. Fort and Washington are on the west side of downtown. The irony here is that on one corner of Fort and Washington is the parking lot behind the old Free Press Building. Do these reporters even set foot in the city anymore to file their stories?

Well put!

I am not too impressed by the news coverage in the Free Press. The international news is non-existent, but it is a notch up from the New York Post.

Yeah, what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrome View Post
    The sign has been removed from the building. Does this mean it's closed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast