Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Spray on pick up truck bedliners

Anyone have any experience with these? Are there more types than the Rhino Liner? What did you spend on yours? Best Local shop to install? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Anyone have any experience with these? Are there more types than the Rhino Liner? What did you spend on yours? Best Local shop to install? Thanks!
    I had the Chevy dealer where I bought my Colorado in 2007 do my spray on liner. Almost 5 years later it looks as good as new, and I have hauled a lot of landscape rocks and other stuff. So they do hold up over time and look better than other liners would during the same period.

Had Ziebart spray my new Dakota in '99, was still in great shape 10 years later when I sold it. I'd recommend it !

Quote Originally Posted by Coplin View Post
    Had Ziebart spray my new Dakota in '99, was still in great shape 10 years later when I sold it. I'd recommend it !

Pricing is at around $500 for the Rhino Liner. Are there other types that cost less?

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Pricing is at around $500 for the Rhino Liner. Are there other types that cost less?
    I just did a spray in bed liner on the cargo area of my 2004 E-350 van. I didn't like the $1000+ price quotes I received to have it done, but honestly after doing all the prep [[Sanding, taping etc) I think I would pay the $1000.

I used the product from sprayonbedliners.info and in the short experience i have had with it I have to say it's some strong stuff. Cost was about $200 plus the cost of tape, sandpaper and paper to mask the van. A pickup would be way easier as you don't have as many openings, less surface area and don't have to tape off as much.

As for the professionally applied products I have seen both Rhinoliner and Linex used and Line-x is hands down a superior product! Rhinoliner has a more rubbery consistently and does not hold up as well under heavy commercial use.

I had Line-X do the job when I bought a new '03 S-10. I still have the truck. There's rust showing on the bumper and rocker panels, but the bed and lips where the Line-X was sprayed is bullet-proof.