Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Person fatally stabbed at Chrysler Jefferson plant

Per ClickOnDetroit news update on my iPhone. No article yet.

Edit: Here's a blurb:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/S...z/-/index.html

It doesn't say what the victim's condition is but the news update I received on my phone definitely said fatally stabbed

Edit #2: DetNews article confirming the person was fatally stabbed

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Edit #3: Another ClickOnDetroit update says the suspect in the fatal stabbing was just found dead on Belle Isle
    Last edited by artds; September-20-12 at 09:51 AM.

Another example of the media throwing a story out there and getting facts later.
    Looks like the killer was fired for fighting but got his job back. Somebody screwed up on that decision.
    Another interesting comment I read was that the ems came, Put him in a truck and drove away with both EMS attendents sitting in the front seat. Because of this the employees knew he was dead.
    No way, if he was dead they wouldnt have moved him.
    I happen to know a Jeff Hunter, doubt its him, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Another example of the media throwing a story out there and getting facts later.
    Looks like the killer was fired for fighting but got his job back. Somebody screwed up on that decision.
    Another interesting comment I read was that the ems came, Put him in a truck and drove away with both EMS attendents sitting in the front seat. Because of this the employees knew he was dead.
    No way, if he was dead they wouldnt have moved him.
    I happen to know a Jeff Hunter, doubt its him, but you never know.
    You just did what you accused the media of doing, talking without all the facts. My turn now!

There are reports that this is a traditional love triangle. The fellow who stabbed and slashed the other to death at the plant was married to another employee at the plant. She and the first dead man were reported to have had an affair. That might've been the fight he was cited for earlier, and if it were against the same man probable cause for his permission to go back to work.

But yeah, damn. Two dead and a number of people totally traumatized. It was a good day not to be on Belle Isle.

So both the men in the triangle are deceased?

If so, i'd hate to be the woman involved in this situation. Two distraught families who might point the finger of blame at her? Not good.

Conflicts like this are more common at the plants than one might think, it just doesn't normally end with people dead. When I worked in automotive, every plant had a tangled web of people who were involved with each other physically. Like home husband/wife, work husband/wife sort of crap. You had to be careful not to step on other peoples toes, even if you weren't the type to be involved in that sort of thing.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; September-20-12 at 05:22 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    So both the men in the triangle are deceased?

If so, i'd hate to be the woman involved in this situation. Two distraught families who might point the finger of blame at her? Not good.

Conflicts like this are more common at the plants than one might think, it just doesn't normally end with people dead. When I worked in automotive, every plant had a tangled web of people who were involved with each other physically. Like home husband/wife, work husband/wife sort of crap. You had to be careful not to step on other peoples toes, even if you weren't the type to be involved in that sort of thing.
    You may be right. I recall about 10-12 years ago there was a shooting at the Ford plant in Wixom that involved a love triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    You may be right. I recall about 10-12 years ago there was a shooting at the Ford plant in Wixom that involved a love triangle.
    OMG, yeah. I forgot about that one. I was in a fella's house doing some hifi work not long afterward and mentioned it. He went pale, he was either the controller or assistant plant manager or something like that. I inadvertently put him into shock, it was horrible to see...cannot imagine what he witnessed.

I think that if there were more guns, they could act as a deterrent against more violence because knives are not enough to make a difference. Then again maybe there are enough guns to go around but not enough ammo. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I think that if there were more guns, they could act as a deterrent against more violence because knives are not enough to make a difference. Then again maybe there are enough guns to go around but not enough ammo. Just saying.
    He must have been realllllly pissed, because he had a gun [[which he later shot himself with) but chose to use a knife instead. That's personal!

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    He must have been realllllly pissed, because he had a gun [[which he later shot himself with) but chose to use a knife instead. That's personal!
    Or the gun was in his Jeep, where he shot himself.