Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Hatch Detroit Finalists

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...hp_ref=detroit

Congrats to the finalists, but I'm disappointed in the choices. I did vote for La Feria because I liked the concept and the location, but no clothing retail? Damn. I voted for Whip Hand, Vividbraille, and Motor City Design. I know we need food choices too but it seems like good restaurants are popping up all over the place while other retail is lagging.

Absolutely, totally agree. I was pretty miffed when I saw that 6 [[or 7) of the finalists were food retail, including several that have already existed in some right for the past few years [[Tashmoo, for example)

I'm going to vote for Feria! Nom nom nom, especially if they rock a good datiles dish.

I also caution against voting for Rock City Pies because, from their submission, "The proposed kitchen and storefront location for RCP will be located somewhere in the Detroit area."

Sorry, "somewhere in the Detroit area" ain't gonna cut it for my vote.