Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Let's play Name That Tune

This 1968 song might be considered a proto-Led Zeppelin song, as Bonham, Jones and Page were the core musicians on it, and during its recording, Jones told Page he would like to be in any future musical ventures. The rest was soon history as the Yardbirds fell apart

I'll "Think About It"

The singer of this song would be backed by the Jeff Beck Group for three tracks on his next studio album, which would also yield his last hit

"Knowing That I'm Losing You" later became" Tangerine" but with a much different sound and different words.

"I'll Think About It" was the Proto type to Zeplin Riffs with snippets of "Dazed And Confused".

Played during the final scene featuring Preach in the film 'Cooley High'

it was NOT a yardbirds song

The artist was occasionally called "the pied piper of flower power"

"Goo Goo Barabajagal [[Love Is Hot)" by Donovan with the Jeff Beck Group?

right guy, wrong song. remember, the musicians were, essentially, LZ before they were LZ

Hurdy Gurdy Man

yep! your turn.

[[if you listen knowing​ who is playing, you can hear it)

Last edited by Wheels; September-18-12 at 06:26 PM.

However, according to John Paul Jones, who arranged and played bass on the track [[and also booked the session musicians), Clem Cattini played the drums and Alan Parker played the electric guitar.[6] This line-up was confirmed by Cattini [7] On Jimmy Page's website, he lists this song as one on which he plays.[8] Page himself has never claimed to have played on the track and has also mentioned that Alan Parker was the guitarist on the session.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Hurdy Gurdy Man
    Wow. The sound came back to me the moment I read that. Thanks. I have that album in the basement somewhere. Nice sitar.

Yeah, Pied Piper. He did some nice songs for children too.

If I ever pull those albums out to play them, I'll probably experience some permanent mental phase shift. No doubt it would be a good thing.

Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-18-12 at 08:58 PM.

great thread, ENCORE!