Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Officer "Slick" A Drug Dealing Swindler?!

This echoes the historic 10th precinct drug dealing in the early 70s, although it seems this fella stuck to weed and pills.

I'm curious if this story makes Kwhyme grin or get furious.

Either he knew about it and was skimming this scam, or this guy ran a separate criminal enterprise in direct voilation of the Kilpatrick/Cheeks franchise agreement.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120910/NEWS01/309100095/Ex-star-cop-now-accused-of-being-a-drug-dealing-swindler?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Surely, this master slickster was one of those SuperFlys who answered that call so many years ago when that State Cop capped McGoo outside the Detroiter Bar. They were a living cartoon.

No cheers on this one. Fun to see the testimonies within the Freep article...Steve Fishman says the guy was always straight with him. Of course, Steve is an attorney, causing the noises escaping from his mouth to be immediately suspect.

We'll copy his quote here, just in case he gets the Freep to remove it...LOL!

Steve Fishman said of Rice: "Always was a square shooter with me."

Gannon, you mention 10th precient in the 70s. Ill never forget two cops who bought houses right next to eachother in our nice neighborhood in Brighton in the 70s. Both had kids my age and both were drug cops. One of the kids was in my 5th grade class. Ill never forget one of the cops kids who I shared class with talking about his father being a drug cop during an anti drug discussion. He told some stories of his father having to deal with drugs in the streets and how he had a kilo bag of heroin in his closet, and he had seen it. Police business he said. It was then I figured out how these two young retired cops could afford to buy houses in our neighborhood, nothing huge but $50,000 houses in the mid 70s. Just wondering if they were from the 10th.

Fishman. I believe I saw him in a tv show on detroit drug dealers, was really fascinating. BTW I just got done working for National Geographics people who are doing a show called Drugs Inc. I believe this is a second part to a large series. They did 10 cities this time one of them being Detroit. I got to serve as a tour guide to detroit sort of like I did for Barbara Nadel. I found them drug dealers and users to interview. Also served as sort of large man protecting them on the streets while they filmed. They promised me I would be in it in B shots. Said it would be out before x mass

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    ... BTW I just got done working for National Geographics people who are doing a show called Drugs Inc. I believe this is a second part to a large series....
    I've seen many of these videos on YouTube. As always National Geographic does a thorough and impartial job.

Why would a drug dealer talk to a media outlet of any kind? If they were smart they wouldn't discuss business with anyone they don't know.