Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Curious Article On Heart Disease-Oddly Truthful

I caught this while searching out other things, but thought I'd share it with y'all. Hoping it might help someone.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/24...-Heart-Disease

I like his conclusion:

What you can do is choose whole foods your grandmother served and not those your mom turned to as grocery store aisles filled with manufactured foods. By eliminating inflammatory foods and adding essential nutrients from fresh unprocessed food, you will reverse years of damage in your arteries and throughout your body from consuming the typical American diet.

He doesn't go into High Fructose Corn Syrup, but I've heard in the past that this scores the lining of the arteries also and allows cholesterol something to glom onto.

I have been gravitating to a diet fully within his recommendations for years...against the forceful instructions from the FDA and others.

I don't care how they want to screw with the term Organic...first by bastardizing it by a severe codification process which eliminated many of the smaller scale farmers who have always done the 'right' things...then by allowing procedures which diluted and even violated the whole 'organic' meme. Corporations did this through buying the FDA.

Then years later, they make some study that proves what they've done...make organic mean nothing.

Whatever, screw THEM...buy local, and for that which is not growable in our climate...learn the source. It is not tough to do in today's information age.

Read your food labels. When there are ingredients which sound more like your high school and college science labs instead of an actual recipe for human food...just put it back on the shelf. No worries, the chemicals guarantee it'll be just the same state when the next person buys it.

Surely, food 'patriotism' should include moments of actively defending your fellow citizen from this scourge, but I cannot welcome doing anything more than simply putting it back on the shelf. We have to let everyone learn and act for themselves.

Cheers, anyways...this Dogfish Head World Wide Stout which Sonny had stashed in his back room is making me think of dreams, so I gotta go find 'em.

I find this to be a fascinating subject because people are starting to reject the conventional wisdom of the food industry. It has been drummed into us over the past few decades about why we get fat and get heart disease and what we need to do about it.

"The rest of us have simply followed the recommended mainstream diet that is low in fat and high in polyunsaturated fats and carbohydrates, not knowing we were causing repeated injury to our blood vessels. This repeated injury creates chronic inflammation leading to heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity"

From the linked article.

I have been reading a lot of works from Gary Taubes who is a scientist not a doctor who is approaching the obesity and heart disease problem from a scientific perspective.

His work basically boils down to this quote from a article he wrote for Newsweek

"There is an alternative theory, one that has also been around for decades but that the establishment has largely ignored. This theory implicates specific foods—refined sugars and grains—because of their effect on the hormone insulin, which regulates fat accumulation. If this hormonal-defect hypothesis is true, not all calories are created equal, as the conventional wisdom holds. And if it is true, the problem is not only controlling our impulses, but also changing the entire American food economy and rewriting our beliefs about what constitutes a healthy diet."

http://www.thedailybeast.com//conten...s-failing.html

The above quote was in reference to current conventional wisdom that

"There is a simple “energy balance” idea: we get fat because we consume too many calories and expend too few. If we could just control our impulses—or at least control our environment, thereby removing temptation—and push ourselves to exercise, we’d be fine"

Only problem the conventional wisdom doesn't work for the vast majority.

If the conventional wisdom is finally broken can you imagine what the corporate food industry will look like ?
    Last edited by firstandten; September-10-12 at 01:15 AM.

Have you seen this movie Gannon?

http://youtu.be/O7ijukNzlUg

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Have you seen this movie Gannon?

http://youtu.be/O7ijukNzlUg

Powerful stuff...love that quote just after the two-minute mark, "With a western diet, there're going to be half a million people in this country this year who will have to have the front half of their body divided, their heart exposed...some people will call that extreme."

Sometimes sarcasm is the best instrument.

Thanks, Pam.

I'm struggling to get back on that intestinal cleanse that made such a powerful difference five and again ten years ago. I'm back in a near-crisis with allergy, which I equate with a weakened immune system...yet another thing the medical industry gets wrong on purpose. Because they can effectively cap the symptoms, without even approaching the core problem.

That is why I think the FDA, Food Industry, and Medical Industry [[especially big pharma) should be brought up on RICO statutes, running a structured scam on the buying, and largely unsuspecting public. Heck, we'll include the Water Bureaus that eagerly continue dumping toxic Flouride into our water supplies even after the latest studies have finally proven it is not healthy to consume, at all.

And many have derided those who sense a deeper story, those known as conspiracy theorists, but we have ONE MORE of the more whacko hypotheses closer to being proven. They say Sodium Flouride was first used in Nazi prisons to keep the prisoners pacified, calm in the face of certain abuse and likely death...showing at least WHY they would use it on the public even after it is shown dangerous to our health.

It is even advetised on Absopure chidren's water or some shit like that...I get SO angry when I see those bottles at Kroger. Let alone the crap they put in formula...last one I checked had HFCS in it!

This stuff needs to end...or we certainly will. Hope we've not passed that tipping point.