Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New pop-up gift shop, Emerald, will open on Oct. 5 [[in Leopold's Books spot)

"With the Peacock Room doing steady business in the Park Shelton, and an open rental in the highly visible Midtown building, [Rachel] Lutz decided to turn another retail idea, into reality. The apparel store owner signed a lease last week for the space on Woodward Avenue, which is now occupied by the soon-to-close Leopold's Books. The pop-up gift shop, Emerald, will open on Oct. 5 for six months, while business continues as usual at the Peacock Room. ...

Emerald will be stocked with vintage-inspired gifts and home goods, like stationary, grooming products, coffee table books, holiday decorations and other affordable items. Not surprisingly, some of the items will have nods to Detroit, like greeting cards decorated with historic images of the city or more subtle nods to its iconic designs."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1862377.html

Best wishes!!!

Wish them the best, anyone opening a new biz in Detroit deserves all our support.
    I see above poster Kathleen has reached 1000 posts, congrats!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    I see above poster Kathleen has reached 1000 posts, congrats!!!!
    Thanks, kenp!! I totally missed the transition from 999 to 1000 this past week. Appreciate the shout-out!

Love shopping at The Peacock Room...and am very much looking forward to shopping at Emerald for the holiday season....it will be a zoo on Noel Night for sure!!!

Anyone know if Leopold's will reappear in another venue?

Quote Originally Posted by rutlev View Post
    Anyone know if Leopold's will reappear in another venue?
    I would doubt it. The electronic media has made it nearly impossible to have bookstores be successful. The only ones that seem to be able to make it are giant ones that sell only the best sellers or the niche ones like King.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I would doubt it. The electronic media has made it nearly impossible to have bookstores be successful. The only ones that seem to be able to make it are giant ones that sell only the best sellers or the niche ones like King.
    I've heard only good things about the Peacock Room, so I am excited to see this new pop-up.

Internet Killed the Book Star. It's nice to see something else is opening there, though. Now if they could only get the corner spot by the DIA filled...

Soft opening for Emerald this Friday during DLECTRICITY!!

http://www.facebook.com/events/280385122063320/

While you are attending DLECTRICITY, stop by EMERALD!!