Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Positive Use for Surveillance Cameras

All cops should be on constant video.

If they're not doing anything wrong, they've nothing to hide...

...right?! That is what I keep hearing from everyone.

I am SO glad this bad apple was found out...but not after he performed the standard lie on his paperwork. He maintains that he did nothing wrong, something the rest of us can plainly see is not the case.

OF COURSE, we don't know what led up to this. It doesn't matter. The young man was not resisting, and most certainly wasn't attacking. Fuck this blue, he should be locked up in general population.

Make an example of him for the others...because MOST cops are good people who edge closer to the line of bad behavior with every passing year. That is simply human nature from having to work in such stress. It is up to the rest of us to help them stay far from that...

Gannon, I seem to remember you hating these cameras in a past thread under the false notion that big brother is always watching. Glad you changed your mind. They can assist in bringing justice to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Gannon, I seem to remember you hating these cameras in a past thread under the false notion that big brother is always watching. Glad you changed your mind. They can assist in bringing justice to everyone.
    Oh, you remember correctly, and IF the notion is perhaps temporarily true, it isn't permanently false. Distortion, misuse, and abuse [[of an increasingly permeating network of observation and tracking) are at least potentials and likely probabilities. Strong probabilities, given human nature.

Hell, Homeland Security cannot even trust its own employees. This cop, once again, proves that sworn officers of the law cannot be trusted. Until the video surfaced, there was a blue wall of silence protecting this man. Think the no-snitch policy is strongly enforced on the street? The police understand it all too well. Only worse if one encounters it within Top Secret corporations and the like, the ones warned about by Ike.

So yeah, I guess I missed the sarcasm icon again. Sorry.

As soon as every level of publicly-elected government is subject to constant surveillance, along with those hired in a capacity of power over others...like this police officer...then yeah, I'd say it's ok to have cameras on the citizenry. When they're in public.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gannon; September-11-12 at 05:14 AM.

How can someone who wants the government to control so much be worried about government abusing it's power at the same time ?