Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Romney Tax Records Allegedly Held For $1M Ransom

Secret Service investigates alleged theft of Mitt Romney's tax records
    The group threatened to divulge the tax files by late September unless it was paid $1 million.
    Apparently the files have already been released but in encrypted form. If he pays the ransom, what's to prevent the thieves from continuing to threaten to release the key at a later date?

This just sounds like a scam.

The accounting firm is stating there is no sign their records have been breached. It does sound pretty scammy when you read what the thieves say they took.

Who cares lol.
    If there was anything illegal in those forms, the IRS would have creamed Romney by now.

The only thing at risk here is the personal information of the Romneys, ie Social security numbers, address, ect that is listed on a tax return and is private personal information.

Even if Romney's tax return is as clean as the board of health one should be outraged that his tax rate is at the capital gains rate while us average joes is paying at the earned income rate. Where is the fairness ?

The mere fact that he says "I have nothing to hide" but "I'm not going to show you the tax returns" should be a HUGE red flag to any thinking human being. Remember, McCain got a look at all of those and then rushed to pick the pig wearing lipstick

Not that I'm a conspiresy nut or anything - but what a great way to make the Romney won't release his tax return problem than by getting a "hacker" to do it. That way it looks like you didn't back down on the "I'm not going to release any more tax returns" statements. After a week or so the tax returns would go away as a campaign issue.