Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Football pubs in Detroit

No, I don't mean a bunch of fat guys covered in padding slamming into each other. I mean the beautiful game.

Are there any football/soccer pubs in Detroit that play the European matches? I know of the Manchester in Windsor, but if I kept going over there it would be a matter of time before the Stasi at the border put me in the gulag.

Football seems to be gaining popularity here in the states by leaps and bounds but it seems extremely difficult to find broadcasted.

Anyplace in Detroit, Hamtramck, or the Pointes?

You seem to have forgotten one thing about American Football.

I haven't heard of anywhere other than places in Windsor.

I used to go to a pizza place on Drouillard near Wynadotte owned by some Argentinians in the late 90s. Great place at the time. I'm sure it's gone now.

hopefully some soccer bars will turn up, but who knows maybe some new sports bars in general would have to fill in that gap.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    No, I don't mean a bunch of fat guys covered in padding slamming into each other. I mean the beautiful game.

Are there any football/soccer pubs in Detroit that play the European matches? I know of the Manchester in Windsor, but if I kept going over there it would be a matter of time before the Stasi at the border put me in the gulag.

Football seems to be gaining popularity here in the states by leaps and bounds but it seems extremely difficult to find broadcasted.

Poobert you live right next to the pointes. You should know there is not anything cool or "new" there! Although you might try the Village Grill they have lots of big screens they may put a soccer game on for you.

You will first have to quit calling it football for anyone to know what you are asking for.

Google found this. Warning: it's not very encouraging.

Default Red Fox English Pub in Royal Oak

I have not been there but the Red Fox English Pub in Royal Oak appears to be where you can watch football. Has anyone from this board been there? Its above Cantina Diablo's, at 11/Main. The former Memphis Smoke.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012050...b-in-Royal-Oak

"The bar, of course, has at least 40 craft and import beers, and soccer games -- er, football matches -- are always playing on the tellies."

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    I have not been there but the Red Fox English Pub in Royal Oak appears to be where you can watch football. Has anyone from this board been there? Its above Cantina Diablo's, at 11/Main. The former Memphis Smoke.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012050...b-in-Royal-Oak

"The bar, of course, has at least 40 craft and import beers, and soccer games -- er, football matches -- are always playing on the tellies."
    Thanks for posting this. Someone recommended me to this place a while back but I had forgotten about it. Looks like the only one of its kind in Metro Detroit.

Green Dot in Corktown Shores always has soccer on. Soccer and horse racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Green Dot in Corktown Shores always has soccer on. Soccer and horse racing.
    Do they allow sleeping at the bar?

Claddagh on Haggerty Rd. between 6 and 7 Mile Rds. in Livonia is where our son and his Motor City Supporters friends hang out for soccer games. We attended their huge World Cup bash when the United States played England. Amazing!!

Not sure if it is true, but I heard a goal was scored last year.

Not there too often, but everytime I go to Vivio's in Eastern Market, they seem to have soccer on the television.

Detroit Pub at Gratiot and Brush shows soccer with high frequency.

side note- more urban detroit high schools need to develop soccer programs.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post

Lefty's on Cass shows Champions league and anything on during the day.

Green Dot has already been mentioned

Detroit Pub does show US games and some Champions League and Premier League

Woodbridge Pub only has 1 tv but they have FSC and will put games on when asked

Claddagh in Livonia is the official US supporters' bar

Harry's and Nancy Whiskey are the home bases of DCFC supporters and will probably show games if asked.