Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Several new restaurants headed downtown

Several more ,new to Downtown, restaurants are headed to downtown Detroit very soon.
    I can't say where I heard it , but I have it on VERY good authority
    That several well known Restaurants from the burbs are headed to downtown Detroit to open new branches !
    With all the new people working and living downtown there seem to not be enough places to eat so get ready !
    We already know about BWW, but right next door, the space that was a empty lot and the barber shop ,are also going to be a place to eat !
    From what I hear early word is it's going to be a Bagger's Dave.
    I've never eaten in one so I don't know if this is a good or bad thing?
    I guess we will have to see if it really happens?

If you are in the mood for Asian fair the very popular place on Wooodward north of 9 mile,Inyo , is seriously looking , it's a safe bet this will happen , they are looking on Woodward, I can't say were yet , I told my friend I wouldn't say .

Also a very nice dining place on Woodward just below 696 on the east side of woodward, I cant' say the name , but those in the know will get it... Think what goes in a wine bottle , is looking in the area also.
    Before I get into trouble I'll stop there for now
    But there are a few more I will keep you up dated.
    Also on a side note , whole foods parking lot is nearly done ! so what's up with Ye Olde butcher shoppe ?
    Like I've said before on this site , if they don't get the stuff together soon Whole foods will open Before them ! if that happens they are going to be in a world of hurt, why even bother opening ?
    Also the exterior Broaderick towers outside street lights are up and working !
    I've also notice that Several other things are going on in Downtown/Midtown area, seems like there is a mini building boom going on .
    Maybe the banks are FINALLY loaning money ?
    I've NEVER seen so much construction going on in Detroit at one time, and that's not even counting cobo, the new jail, ect .
    It really is a great time in Detroit , a pretty exciting time. I hope this can be kept up ?

Do you work for the National Enquirer....

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    We already know about BWW, but right next door, the space that was a empty lot and the barber shop ,are also going to be a place to eat !
    That makes sense, the barber shop looked to be under construction and the empty lot currently has a structure going up. The barber shop and the empty space seemed to be a part of Wild Wings but this makes more sense.
    Never heard of Bagger Daves, but I will do some research

Bagger Dave's is GOOD! Just burgers, chips and beer, but really tasty.

Yesterday's news announced that the MGM Grand is getting two Wolfgang Puck eateries. Didn't he just close one there a few months back?

NO I don't work at the national Enquirer but I do have some friends doing some MAJOR investing in downtown.
    on a side note ,I used to get my hair cut at the barber shop, so it will be interesting to see the change. I saw a picture on this site a while back on what the area looked like, pretty cool !
    I'm really excited about all the new stuff about to happen in Downtown , midtown and hopefully soon the rest of the city. If things go right and keep going in this direction ,
    Detroit is about to be a VERY different place in the next 5-10 years !
    Don't count Detroit out yet ! My spies tell me it's about to blow up !
    BTW did anyone watch or listen to the DNC last night ? Detroit got mention at least a dozen times !
    Detroit is at or near the TOP !!!! of the mind of all Americans and playing a HUGE !!! ROLE in this election ! Also how many times is Biden going to come to Detroit ? I love it ! he could be voted mayor of Detroit !
    If you live anywhere in Southeast Michigan I think you really have to think serious about who to vote for ? not trying to influence anyones vote :-) !
    but I know how I'm voting !
    I got you back ! "being president doesn't change who you are it reveals who you are "

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    That makes sense, the barber shop looked to be under construction and the empty lot currently has a structure going up. The barber shop and the empty space seemed to be a part of Wild Wings but this makes more sense.
    Never heard of Bagger Daves, but I will do some research
    Diversified Restaurant Holding own both type of franchises so it doe's make sense.

http://www.diversifiedrestauranthold...&p=irol-IRHome

Diversified does indeed own both types of franchises ! someone is doing their homework
    I also heard that Wolfgang Puck is indeed open TWO new restaurants ! I was wondering and still am about what's going on over at MGM?
    WHAT GIVES ? the wolfgang puck they had did VERY well, obviously , because they are now opening TWO !!!?
    Also I thought Salt water and Bourbon street were doing well ?
    I liked both places ? Are they moving somewhere else ? I hope so it would be a shame to lose these two great places
    Anyone know about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Yesterday's news announced that the MGM Grand is getting two Wolfgang Puck eateries. Didn't he just close one there a few months back?
    I believe he did.

more high quality restaurants, the better.
    .. so has anyone eaten at Wah-Hoo downtown yet? chinese/asian fare..

NO I don't work at the national Enquirer but I do have some friends doing some MAJOR investing in downtown.
    on a side note ,I used to get my hair cut at the barber shop, so it will be interesting to see the change. I saw a picture on this site a while back on what the area looked like, pretty cool !
    I'm really excited about all the new stuff about to happen in Downtown , midtown and hopefully soon the rest of the city. If things go right and keep going in this direction ,
    Detroit is about to be a VERY different place in the next 5-10 years !
    Don't count Detroit out yet ! My spies tell me it's about to blow up !
    BTW did anyone watch or listen to the DNC last night ? Detroit got mention at least a dozen times !
    Detroit is at or near the TOP !!!! of the mind of all Americans and playing a HUGE !!! ROLE in this election ! Also how many times is Biden going to come to Detroit ? I love it ! he could be voted mayor of Detroit !
    If you live anywhere in Southeast Michigan I think you really have to think serious about who to vote for ? not trying to influence anyones vote :-) !
    but I know how I'm voting !
    I got you back ! "being president doesn't change who you are it reveals who you are "
    Detroit Dave, your writing style is like one of those gossip scandal sheets of the 50s. And that's a compliment, not a criticism. It makes for an enjoyable read.

Thanks for the information.

Several more ,new to Downtown, restaurants are headed to downtown Detroit very soon.
    I can't say where I heard it , but I have it on VERY good authority
    That several well known Restaurants from the burbs are headed to downtown Detroit to open new branches !
    With all the new people working and living downtown there seem to not be enough places to eat so get ready !
    From what I hear early word is it's going to be a Bagger's Dave.
    I've never eaten in one so I don't know if this is a good or bad thing?
    I guess we will have to see if it really happens?

If you are in the mood for Asian fair the very popular place on Wooodward north of 9 mile,Inyo , is seriously looking , it's a safe bet this will happen , they are looking on Woodward, I can't say were yet , I told my friend I wouldn't say .

Also a very nice dining place on Woodward just below 696 on the east side of woodward, I cant' say the name , but those in the know will get it... Think what goes in a wine bottle , is looking in the area also.
    Before I get into trouble I'll stop there for now
    But there are a few more I will keep you up dated.
    Also on a side note , whole foods parking lot is nearly done ! so what's up with Ye Olde butcher shoppe ?
    Like I've said before on this site , if they don't get the stuff together soon Whole foods will open Before them ! if that happens they are going to be in a world of hurt, why even bother opening ?
    Also the exterior Broaderick towers outside street lights are up and working !
    I've also notice that Several other things are going on in Downtown/Midtown area, seems like there is a mini building boom going on .
    Maybe the banks are FINALLY loaning money ?
    I've NEVER seen so much construction going on in Detroit at one time, and that's not even counting cobo, the new jail, ect .
    It really is a great time in Detroit , a pretty exciting time. I hope this can be kept up ?
    I don't understand the situation with Ye Olde Butcher Shoppe. Some of the products on the sheves will pass the expiration date when he decide to open. I don't know if he is having trouble with the city or is it his own stubborness and lack of business sense

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    more high quality restaurants, the better.
    .. so has anyone eaten at Wah-Hoo downtown yet? chinese/asian fare..
    I have eaten there a couple of times and it is pretty good .
    Moderate priced . I believe their busy times are lunch, most downtown crowd. I have eaten there at dinner time and it's pretty good , but I have had better , but for being one of the few Asian places in downtown it will do .

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    Detroit Dave, your writing style is like one of those gossip scandal sheets of the 50s. And that's a compliment, not a criticism. It makes for an enjoyable read.

Thanks for the information.
    ha ha ha Thanks ! I will take the compliment ! I'm guessing it was all the "blind" items LOL I have lived in Los Angeles for the better part of my life and have work in the "industry" for quite some time :-)
    Maybe I should go into writing for the gossip rags LOL
    Also I didn't want the person who told me to know I've ALREADY went online and spilling the beans LOL
    I guess I could have said the it catch phrase "ALLEGEDLY"
    ha ha ha ! :-)
    Last edited by Detroitdave; September-05-12 at 07:53 PM. Reason: edit