Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Excellent read, Jimaz. If you can check out "OutFoxed" the documentary. There is also a well-researched and documented article in the Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media Vol. 49, Iss. 1 from 2005

Good info... Would you include Rueters in that loving batch or the hollywood and music/ entertainment 'corporate' media giants very right wing? Hah!

I was mainly responding to the fact that the poster said ALL "All corporate-owned media, by nature, is right-wing". Incredible...

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Zacha, it's simple, really. Follow the MONEY. First look at the mega-corps that own them, then look at the largest advertisers. for the largest advertisers, many are Koch Brothers companies, then you have companies whose CEOs are notoriously right-wing like Target, Big Oil, Big Agri and Big Pharma. Second, watch the minutes spent on topics, as I outlined below, then look at the language they choose to use about topics. All of those invariable track with the right-wing talking points with the possible exception of gay rights
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-11-12 at 03:26 AM.

Staged Odd Situations Ensue:
    Name:  OBAMA MEME.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  54.7 KBName:  STAGED BIDEN.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  11.6 KB
    Awkward!

The Obama Bearhug
    was a pre planned, staged event.
    There is NO WAY he would walk into a bar impromptu, with no Secret Service, during a campaign tour, and have some guy hug him and pick him up without the guy being gang tackled by agents to protect the President. Especially with photo op/movie cameras rolling. Do they really think the American people are so stupid they would buy this entire event to be an impromtu pit stop where everyone was acting naturally? Give me a break.

Just before Obama got the bear hug he gave a look like he KNEW it was coming... because he did know it was coming.
    Name:  obamahug.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  7.3 KB
    Last edited by Papasito; September-11-12 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Good info... Would you include Rueters in that loving batch or the hollywood and music/ entertainment 'corporate' media giants very right wing? Hah!

I was mainly responding to the fact that the poster said ALL "All corporate-owned media, by nature, is right-wing". Incredible...
    Reuters, yes, but not as bad as AP, probably because it isn't American. In the Hollywood/Music are you including the Chuck Norrises, the Ted Nugents, Hank Williamses, Bruce Willises, Clint Eastwoods? btw, they are not corporate. THe studios, largely owned by the same companies that own the TV and print news sources? definitively right-wing

A lot of Democrats picked on Clint Eastwood after his speech, said he was rambling and mumbling, making fun of him.

Clint is now 82 years old, and did a good job.
    Many of us would find ourselves fortunate to get around as well as he does at 82.

Why do Democrats like making fun of old people?

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    A lot of Democrats picked on Clint Eastwood after his speech, said he was rambling and mumbling, making fun of him.

Many of us would find ourselves fortunate to get around as well as he does at 82.

Most people thought it was sad - you could see it in the faces of 90% of the audience at the RNC.

Clint isn't a baby; he made a punchline of himself. even more after his comments about it

I think you want the RNC thread.

Why are all Republicans, er "registered independents", illiterate? Why do they all write in overgeneralized form?

Excellent read, Jimaz. If you can check out "OutFoxed" the documentary....
    Total duration 78 minutes: OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

I never denied an admixture if you will of the repubs and right wing, but hollywood is for sure left oriented. My thing is to challenge this ALL one way or another thinking.

Reuters, yes, but not as bad as AP, probably because it isn't American. In the Hollywood/Music are you including the Chuck Norrises, the Ted Nugents, Hank Williamses, Bruce Willises, Clint Eastwoods? btw, they are not corporate. THe studios, largely owned by the same companies that own the TV and print news sources? definitively right-wing

How can ANY political party run on a platform of raising taxes on ANY Americans, when our Government is sending BILLION DOLLAR AID PACKAGES to countries that attack our embassies?!?

Clinton waived conditions placed by Congress on the 1.3 billion dollars of aid - requiring Egypt to meet certain democratic reforms before being granted the funds - saying the move was in the United States' national interest.
    "These decisions reflect America's over-arching goal: to maintain our strategic partnership with an Egypt made stronger and more stable by a successful transition to democracy," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said.
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...egypt-1.420447

President Barack Obama’s deputies are negotiating a $1 billion aid package with Egypt’s new Islamist government, even as Egypt’s cash-strapped military revealed that it is trying to buy $1 billion worth of German submarines that could threaten Israel’s fast-growing offshore energy projects.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/10/ob...#ixzz26GHCIzun
    1.3 BILLION DOLLARS to Egypt, who is run by the Muslim Brotherhood?! And this:
    In Cairo, several men scaled the walls of the U.S. Embassy and tore down its American flag, according to CNN producer Mohamed Fadel Fahmy, who was on the scene.
    Police and army personnel formed defensive lines around the embassy in an effort to prevent demonstrators from advancing, but not before the protesters affixed a black flag atop a ladder in the American compound.
    The black flag, which hangs in full view from inside the complex, is adorned with white characters that read, "There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his messenger," an emblem often used by Islamic radicals.
    A volley of warning shots were fired as a large crowd gathered around the compound, although it is not clear who fired the shots.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/11/world/...sts/index.html

How about spending the money on the unemployed or the elderly, or the vets?
    Or not spending it AT ALL so we can cut down on the overspending?

Asking for tax increases with this blatant money wasting is a slap in the face to all Americans.

How can ANY political party run on a platform of raising taxes on ANY Americans, when our Government is sending BILLION DOLLAR AID PACKAGES to countries that attack our embassies?!?

1.3 BILLION DOLLARS to Egypt, who is run by the Muslim Brotherhood?! And this:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/11/world/...sts/index.html

How about spending the money on the unemployed or the elderly, or the vets?
    Or not spending it AT ALL so we can cut down on the overspending?

Asking for tax increases with this blatant money wasting is a slap in the face to all Americans.

Do you proofread anything you write? Or are you in a constant state of piss-and-moan, facts-be-damned?

The Egyptian government didn't attack the U.S. Embassy. In fact, the government-run army and police took defensive positions around our embassy. It's all right there, in your mini-diatribe. Read it again.

But you can't be bothered to take the time to understand a single God damned thing before you piss about it, can you?

Ziad Abu Zeid told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Stevens was brought to the Benghazi Medical Center by Libyans the night before, with no other Americans and that initially no one realized he was the ambassador.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...vere-asphyxia/
    Libyans moved the Ambassador and then told the mob where they moved him to so they could come and kill him! [[And kill him they did)

Sorry to piss in your beer, Mr Profanity.
    With friends like that, who needs enemies?

My main point was about this "aid" business.
    Who the hell are WE to send AID to anyone when we have a 16 Trillion Dollar Debt and legitimately should be looking for aid for ourselves!!
    We've been getting Chinese "Aid" now for years in the form of loans, as well as the mass printing of our worthless dollars.
    Last edited by Papasito; September-12-12 at 11:55 AM.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...vere-asphyxia/
    Libyans moved the Ambassador and then told the mob where they moved him to so they could come and kill him! [[And kill him they did)

Sorry to piss in your beer, Mr Profanity.

My main point was about this "aid" business.
    Who the hell are WE to send AID to anyone when we have a 16 Trillion Dollar Debt and legitimately should be looking for aid for ourselves!!
    We've been getting Chinese "Aid" now for years in the form of loans, as well as the mass printing of our worthless dollars.
    So you're problem is not that you're simply not reading, it's just that you're not understanding what you've read.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    The Egyptian government didn't attack the U.S. Embassy. In fact, the government-run army and police took defensive positions around our embassy. It's all right there, in your mini-diatribe. Read it again.
    The defensive positions mentioned in the article are not visible in any of the photos. A host country is supposed to insure the safety of embassies. Egypt and Libya failed to do so on 9/11. The limited damage, loss of four American lives and insults may have been a measured lapse of protection. So much for the 'Arab Spring' Obama helped foment. This did not happen under Mubarak and Khaddafi who have been replaced by the Muslim Brotherhood and more Islamic leaning factions in Libya. It doesn't end there. The Obama administration is funneling money to the Muslim Brotherhood in Turkey to supply Syrian rebels, presumably including Al-Queda factions, in Syria. Back to the thread; What did Obama have to say in his DNC speech about his help supporting the "Arab Spring"? "The historic change sweeping across the Arab world must be defined not by the iron fist of a dictator or the hate of extremists, but by the hopes and aspirations of ordinary people who are reaching for the same rights that we celebrate here today." This 9/11, we found out how that's working out.

So, Noise, what is your explanation for the "mob" going to the 2nd building where our Ambassador just happened to be moved to?
    Coincidence?
    Blind Luck?
    Give me a break.

Have you seen the video where they parade around with his half naked dead body slung over thier shoulders jubilantly celebrating.. and it's been misreported that they were "taking him to the hospital"??

Someone was feeding the militants information. They just happen to show up?
    They were reportedly trying to leave the consulate building [[they had already been moved once before) for a safer location when gunmen launched an intense attack, apparently forcing back security guards.
    "The American ambassador and three staff members were killed when gunmen fired rockets in their direction," a Libyan official in Benghazi told Reuters news agency.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19570254
    And who the hell let the people in/outside the Embassy to begin with? Someone simply doesn't just walk in the door without any security! Something is terribly fishy about the whole thing.

I realize you guys fully trust your Government 100% and have no consipiracy theories or suspicions of them, and you feeel that Libyan and Egyptian Governments are fully trustworthy and the Muslim Brotherhood is an upstanding political party with a fine, peaceful history, but explain please...

These guys were pissed off about an anti-Muhammad film being made and they were lashing out.

Unidentified armed men stormed the grounds overnight amid uproar among Muslims over a film produced in the US said to insult the Prophet Muhammad.
    They shot at buildings and threw handmade bombs into the compound.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19570254

I think there's going to be more news coming out about this.
    Whether they do a cover up we shall see.
    You have to also understand the corruption level in these countries.
    Well, not to say the USA isn't horribly corrupt, but still.....
    there's dirty cops every where.
    It isn't beyond the realm of possibility that these guys weren't piping their information to the mobs.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines to get the whole story.
    Last edited by Papasito; September-12-12 at 12:14 PM.

I realize you guys fully trust your Government 100% and have no consipiracy theories or suspicions of them, and you feeel that Libyan and Egyptian Governments are fully trustworthy and the Muslim Brotherhood is an upstanding political party with a fine, peaceful history, but explain please...
    Well, until you have documented facts, you're just fomenting baseless demagoguery, aren't you?--just like the people who stormed the embassy.

Part of being an adult is that you don't let hearsay get you riled and in a tizzy. What happened was tragic. Your use of events as an excuse to exercise blanket discrimination against Muslim people and nations is appalling.

You have a case for conspiracy theories? PROVE it.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; September-12-12 at 12:15 PM.

Thread: The 2012 Democratic National Convention

Whoops, I must have clicked on the wrong thread.

It's not blanket discrimination, it's exposing an obvious leak and lack of security. You're the one who's hypersensitive about skin color and ethnicity, not me. I believe all people are created equal. You believe everyone is a racist except those who agree with you politically.

Have you ever been to another country? Liberty and Justice do not exist there, corruption and money does.
    Are you telling me a random disorganized mob who has no target and no organization burns up an American Consulate with little or no resistance from security, stumbles upon the Ambassador and rockets the building at the moment he happens to be coming out of it?

Let me ask you something - are you one of the Dems who fiercely opposed the Patriot Act when it came out under George Bush II, or "W" as you call him, because you thing the Government was overstepping their power and invading your privacy?

Do you really believe what the news tells you is completely true?
    Do you believe the Government doesn't cover anything up?
    Do you believe that there is no such thing as corruption or people who tip off the "bad guys"?
    No intelligence leaks?
    No one in these countries that we have pushed money and influence into that show support to the US to our faces, then turn around and call up our enemies and spill intelligence to them when we aren't looking?

Do you see my point?

From looking at this situation, we can assess that a handful of us can wander over to a US Embassy and lob some grenades and firebombs over the fence and shoot some rockets at a consulate with little or no resistance, and happen to nail a very important diplomat in the process.

Have you ever been to another country? Liberty and Justice do not exist there, corruption and money does.
    Laughing my ass off at the vagueness of this statement! Unfortunately, I have only been to four other countries thus far, and by golly, the United States of Jesus is the only one that has Liberty and Justice.

Let me get this straight:

Murrika: Liberty and Justice
    Furriners: Corruption and Money

Bwahahahahahahahahahah!

Allow me a moment to gather my thoughts....

Are you telling me a random disorganized mob who has no target and no organization burns up an American Consulate with little or no resistance from security, stumbles upon the Ambassador and rockets the building at the moment he happens to be coming out of it?
    First you say the protestors waltzed into the compound in Cairo due to a deliberate security breach. But they somehow couldn't coordinate a security breach of the Ambassador to Libya? Which is it? Maybe if you stopped foaming at the mouth, you could make something coherent out of your own thoughts. And how do you know there was "little resistance from security"? Were you on security detail??? Were you the leak, Papasito? No. You don't have evidence of anything. You're just regurgitating right-wing talking points again.

From looking at this situation, we can assess that a handful of us can wander over to a US Embassy and lob some grenades and firebombs over the fence and shoot some rockets at a consulate with little or no resistance, and happen to nail a very important diplomat in the process.
    Good luck with that. U.S. Embassies will arrest you for taking photos of the building. While in Cambodia, my travel partner made an appointment for consular services. I was forced to wait outside [[by the armed guards), even as a United States citizen bearing a valid passport. In fact, they even made me wait across the street, where they watched my every move. And that's a white-skinned passport-bearing citizen.

Sorry to disappoint, man. I choose not to look for the worst in everyone and in every situation. I'll say a prayer that you learn how to relax, okay? This isn't good for your health.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; September-12-12 at 03:12 PM.

Point #1 - You evidentally never read his book or heard the audio version.
    In it he describes how he spent 2 years "in a daze", used drugs "enthusiastically"... ect ect

Point #2 was - he wasn't dirt poor.

Gaz youre a good guy, I do agree with a lot of your stuff, but Obama came in riding like a shining knight and lived up to very few of the promises he made, and fell short of the standard he set for himself. In the end, he's just another politician who lies when his lips move. What we need are leaders who DON'T do this. Unfortunately, there's none on the ballot.

Well, since Papasito has come out as a conspiracy theorist, there's absolutely no reason to engage in any sort of discussion with him. Like oladub, I'll ignore the nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Well, since Papasito has come out as a conspiracy theorist, there's absolutely no reason to engage in any sort of discussion with him. Like oladub, I'll ignore the nonsense.
    You are going to owe me an apology before this is over, Noise.

US probing possibility embassy attack planned to mark 9/11

U.S. officials say the Obama administration is investigating whether the assault on the U.S. consulate in Libya was a planned terrorist strike to mark the anniversary of 9/11...
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...ome&position=0

U.S. officials: Attack on consulate in Libya may have been planned
    But senior U.S. officials and Middle East analysts raised questions Wednesday about the motivation for the Benghazi attack, noting that it involved the use of a rocket-propelled grenade and followed an al-Qaeda call to avenge the death of a senior Libyan member of the terrorist network.
    Libyan officials and a witness said the attackers took advantage of a protest over the film to launch their assault....

...This was a well-armed, well-coordinated event,” Rogers said in an interview on MSNBC. “It had both indirect and direct fire, and it had military maneuvers that were all part of this very organized attack.” Rogers referred to weapons that aimed directly at a target and those, such as rockets and mortars, that are fired without a direct line of sight.According to Firas Abdelhakim, a Libyan television journalist who said he witnessed part of the attack, a group of several dozen armed men mounted the assault.
    Abdelhakim said he was about three miles from consulate when he saw 20 to 30 cars driving toward the consulate shortly before 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...9_story_1.html
    Not so much a "conspiracy theory" anymore, IS IT?
    All this pre-planned attack needed was a person or two on the inside to inform the attackers of when and where the Ambassador was.
    This is not a Partisan flame job. This kind of mess could happen under a Republican President, too, if that President or the secretary of defense failed to have security beefed up at all Embassies around the world on 9/11.

and ABOUT EARLIER COMMENTS: no, I don't hate "all Muslims" as you kneejerk replied.
    I just don't like individuals or orgainizations of ANY race, color, creed, or religion who kill innocent Americans.
    And if you have any red white and blue blood in your veins whatsoever, political party matters not, you shouldn't either.

My original intention to post on this thread was to discuss the fact our country wastes money on stupid things and sends foreign aid to oil rich countries and other countries who can help themselves, while we have massive debt and deficits. But since you pushed the issue that you didn't think there was a possibility this was a coordinated attack with an inside leak of intelligence, I went further in that direction.
    And I was right.
    IN YO FACE

As the investigation unfolds, more will come out on this.
    Last edited by Papasito; September-12-12 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I wasn't ignoring the murder of Americans; what you call "nonsense". I posted on post #89 trying to steer this back to the Democratic Convention. But had you been keeping up with the news, a Libyan official has joined Papasito in also suggesting a conspiracy.

"Wanis al-Sharef, a Libyan Interior Ministry official in Benghazi, ... said Stevens, 52, and other officials were moved to a second building - deemed safer - after the initial wave of protests at the consulate compound. According to al-Sharef, members of the Libyan security team seem to have indicated to the protesters the building to which the American officials had been relocated, and that building then came under attack."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57511043/assault-on-u.s-consulate-in-benghazi-leaves-4-dead-including-u.s-ambassador-j-christopher-stevens/?tag=stack

We probably do need a separate thread to keep track of huge geo-political Obama administration policy failures. The President is so modest that he didn't even take partial credit in his DNC speech for the overthrow of Khaddafi and Libya's more Islamist government.

Holy cow. How can anyone continue a discussion with 2 posters who can't even keep their own comments straight, let alone understand any other comments?

Post DNC bump disappears in Rasmussen Survey. Romney now ahead by one percent in this survey; two percent including leaners. Obama has lost about 3 or 4% since just after the convention. Perhaps the attacks on US embassies and the Obama administration's slightly insipid response or the $74,000/year teacher/strikers have had something to do with the drop although this Rasmussen article didn't suggest that. Rasmussen has been one of the Republican friendlier surveys but this is the largest post convention drop within any given survey I've seen. Not to panic comrades, Real Clear Politics still has Obama ahead by a healthy margin in its electoral college map.

Other DNC news: Democrats apologized for using "an image of Soviet-era Russian warships in its backdrop during a tribute to veterans at last week's convention in Charlotte, N.C."

Last edited by oladub; September-13-12 at 09:45 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast