Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Mitt Romney says he can fix the economy in 4 years. He says he can do "better".

Yup. The guy who never had want of anything, who hasn't worked since 2006--whose grandchildren will never have to work a single day in their lives--is the guy who understands the middle class struggle. That's a good one.

If he gets elected and doesn't live up to the expectations HE HAS SET FOR HIMSELF, I would vote against him at the next election, regardless of party affiliation [[ I am a registered independent).
    Well, that just makes you flaky, frivolous, and unprincipled, doesn't it? That's not Barack Obama's problem.

Last edited by ghettopalmetto; September-07-12 at 09:22 AM.

Mitt Romney says he can fix the economy in 4 years. He says he can do "better".
    So if I told you I could leap tall buildings in a single bound would you believe me ? Hell no, you wouldn't because you know only Superman can do that.

So why would you believe Mitt when he says that. What in his history as governor or as a businessman even makes you believe that.

As long as myself, Rb and GP have been on this board talking about the documented failures of supply side economics why would you believe that Mitt could fix this in four years knowing he is a believer of supply-side trickle down policies.

And if he somehow could pull it off [[of course he won't say how) you better believe our economy will be more shaky than a house of cards. You don't fix 30 years of supply side damage in 4 years I don't care who you are.

Stick with Obama and get trickle up poverty and food stamps.
    Last edited by coracle; September-07-12 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Stick with Obama and get trickle up poverty and food stamps.
    I already made a case that you are better off now than four years ago. So what is that ?... One of those driveby statements you make when you have no argument.

He bragged about Osama Bin Laden being one of his great accomplishments.
    A true leader would have honored the soldiers who did the job and not take credit for the kill himself.

And where is the mention of all of the GITMO detainees whom were released under HIS ADMINISTRATION who have gone on to kill inncoents both foreign and domestic, who have gone on to kill our sons and daughters in uniform and the sons and daughters of our allies, to blow up school busses or movie theaters? Where is the credit for this?

Maybe he may someday visit a tombstone.
    IF he acknowledges he helped put the innocent victim in the grave in exchange for political correctness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_o...d_to_terrorism

Ruslan Anatolivich Odijev Russia March 2004 Participated in several terrorism acts including an October 2005 attack in the Caucasus region that killed and injured several police officers Suspected
    Afghanistan March 2004 Kidnapped two Chinese engineers; Claimed responsibility for an Islamabad hotel bombing; directed a suicide attack in April 2007 killing 31 people Confirmed
    Ravil Gumarov Russia March 2004 Involved in a gas line bombing Confirmed
    Abdullah Ghofoor Afghanistan March 2004 Taliban commander; planning attacks on U.S. and Afghan forces; killed in a raid by Afghan security forces Suspected
    Mohammed Bin Ahmad Mizouz Morocco July 2004 Recruiter for al-Qaida in Iraq Confirmed
    Ibrahim Bin Shakaran Morocco July 2004 Recruiter for al-Qaida in Iraq Confirmed
    Isa Khan Pakistan September 2004 Association with Tehrik-i-Taliban Suspected
    Muhibullah Afghanistan July 2005 Association with the Taliban Suspected
    Abdallah Saleh Ali al-Ajmi Kuwait November 2005 Conducted a suicide attack in Iraq Confirmed
    Abdullah Majid Al-Naimi Bahrain November 2005 Arrested in October 2008; involved in terrorist facilitation; has known associations with al-Qaida Confirmed
    ....just a SMALL SNAPSHOT.

It's best to ignore my driveby statements f.........n. Acknowledging them only tells me they have hit the target. I don't reply to your arguments because they are just regurgitated Democrap crap. [[Ignore it; a driveby statement)
    Last edited by coracle; September-07-12 at 02:12 PM.

It's best to ignore my driveby statements f.........n. Acknowledging them only tells me they have hit the target. I don't reply to your arguments because they are just Democrap crap. [[Ignore it; it's a "driveby")
    I dunno, you guys seem like a couple cornered wild animals lashing out more than anything. I think it has become pretty objectively clear that alien cyborg Mormon Rommell doesn't stand a snowflake's chance in hell and you guys are freaking out about it. Yes, it is just so horrible that Obama personally didn't pull the trigger and kill Osama bin Laden himself and then he DARED to speak of it. The nerve of that Indonesian Muslim.

"Registered independent" my ass. Code nowadays for raging, foaming-at-the-mouth right-winger I've noticed.

"objectively clear" Gobbledygook

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    A record where he stopped economic freefall, saved the American auto industry, killed Osama bin Laden, ended the war in Iraq, started a program to help our returning veterans find work, is winding down the war in Afghanistan, passed health insurance reform, eliminated waste in the student loan process, started producing manufacturing jobs, expanded oil exploration, enacted higher fuel economy mandates, and reduced dependency on foreign oil.

But don't ever let the truth get in the way of a good story.
    You really are ruining it for the right-wing BS slingers

I don't reply to your arguments because they are just regurgitated Democrap crap. [[Ignore it; a driveby statement)
    How about you don't reply to my arguments because you can't support your own much less take apart mine.

He bragged about Osama Bin Laden being one of his great accomplishments.
    blah blah blah

You do realize that everyone on that list was released prior to 2008​, don't you? at least half of them are only "alleged" Gitmo detainees

"objectively clear" Gobbledygook
    it's funny. you talk about "ignoring drive-by statements," yet that is all you ever make

Impact of the DNC:
    google searches for "how to register to vote" doubled
    Obama's popularity jumped 7% according to Gallup

Impact of the RNC:
    A great actor became a punchline
    Romney's popularity dropped 1% according to Gallup

Remember, Gallup is traditionally seen as a right-leaning polling organization

These are nearly all links to President Obama’s speech at the Democratic Convention. President Obama did get a bounce out of the convention. Reuters now has him up by 2% over Romney.

1. Democratic National Convention -- What Did We Learn? –Mark Levy
    To pass blame, whine, accept mediocre results, and to vote for Obama because Republicans are mean to him.
    http://www.creators.com/print/conser...-we-learn.html

2. FACT CHECK: Obama proposes spending war savings that don't exist to nation-build at home
    http://articles.mercurynews.com/news...e4fa0a8a2d.xml

3. Obama's rhetoric is clever but no game changer
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19515161

4. Obama the demigod comes down to Earth
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...d13_print.html

5. OBAMA GOES VAGUE
    http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...nc-speech.html

6. Barack Obama's 2012 DNC Speech Was Unexciting By Design, Campaign Staff Reveals
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3819...k-campaign.htm

7. John Cusack Interviews Law Professor Jonathan Turley About Obama Administration’s War On the Constitution
    http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/11...s-constitution

8. Fact Check: Bill Clinton's 'jobs score' of parties claim rings [[partly) true
    http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/07...#storylink=cpy

9. A Tortured Relationship Finally Comes to an End!
    "God, it feels great to be free.
    Free of Barack Obama, that is.
    After four dispiriting years of waiting for his actions to match his lovely rhetoric – hell, that his character would come anywhere near to matching his rhetoric — it is now clear who we are dealing with. Something happened recently that broke my last, threadbare strings of hope that he would change.
    In the midst of all the convention spice and syrup a story slipped out along the edges of the media circus that Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder has decided to not…"

http://www.thedailycall.org/?p=28409

President Obama is better than GWB, McCain & Romney.

End of debate

"Obama proposes spending war savings that don't exist"

The right wing media - led by the Associated Press - has jumped on this one and every brain-dead right wing jackass has repeated it, only proving that none of them actually heard the speech. This was something he mentioned could be done AFTER we are done in Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    Won't watch one second of it, just as I did not pay the slightest bit of attention to the Republican convention. They are a complete waste of time, money and resources.

As the lack of a postconvention bounce for Romney [[and probably for Obama too) demonstrates, I think the only people who actually follow these ridiculous displays of political theatre are the same foolsl who swallow and regurgitate every talking point they are given.
    Perfect!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

All of the politicians are bought and paid for by the same few wealthy people of the world. So pick your poison, the outcome will still be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    "Obama proposes spending war savings that don't exist"

The right wing media - led by the Associated Press - has jumped on this one and every brain-dead right wing jackass has repeated it, only proving that none of them actually heard the speech. This was something he mentioned could be done AFTER we are done in Afghanistan.
    Obama's quote from his DNC speech, "
    My opponent said it was ``tragic'' to end the war in Iraq, and he won't tell us how he'll end the war in Afghanistan. Well I have, and I will. And while my opponent would spend more money on military hardware that our Joint Chiefs don't even want, I will use the money we're no longerspending on war to pay down our debt and put more people back to work rebuilding roads and bridges and schools and runways.

Pay down our debts? First he has to end the deficits before cutting a penny out of the debt and he only said he would reduce deficits by $4T over ten years. How many years does he intend to be President? Anyway, the money used to pay for all the wars had to be borrowed for the wars so the President will need an extra $1T/year of revenue from somewhere and/or spending cuts to begin paying down those debts. Too bad he didn't mention specifically what he had in mind. It's good though that the President is pulling out the troops after doubling the number of troops there. Also, he failed to mention that he negotiated with Iraq to keep US troops there longer. That's three things wrong with just one paragraph in his speech.

Associated Press is right - wing?

The right wing media - led by the Associated Press ...
    Thanks for giving me the first big laugh of the day. Only someone so far left that they're hanging on by their finger nails would believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Thanks for giving me the first big laugh of the day. Only someone so far left that they're hanging on by their finger nails would believe this.
    All corporate-owned media, by nature, is right-wing.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    only someone stupid enough to believe Fox news would think the media are liberal. All it takes is a little content analysis. On the network evening news this week, for example, they showed Ryan or Romney speaking nearly 50% more often than Obama or Biden. A typical report would read a part of a statement from the Obama camp, and follow it up with first Romney speaking his version of the truth THEN with Ryan saying the same thing. If you count the number of times the media use Republican phrasing to Democratic phrasing, the difference is even starker. Once again, quantifiable data contradicts right-wing talking points

RIGHT! And if you criticize any of his policies, or decisions then you must 'LOVE' GWB, McCain & Romney. Ahhhh, the simple, simplicity of it all........

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    President Obama is better than GWB, McCain & Romney.

End of debate

You're kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    All corporate-owned media, by nature, is right-wing.

Zacha, it's simple, really. Follow the MONEY. First look at the mega-corps that own them, then look at the largest advertisers. for the largest advertisers, many are Koch Brothers companies, then you have companies whose CEOs are notoriously right-wing like Target, Big Oil, Big Agri and Big Pharma. Second, watch the minutes spent on topics, as I outlined below, then look at the language they choose to use about topics. All of those invariable track with the right-wing talking points with the possible exception of gay rights

....Second, watch the minutes spent on topics, ....
    If you want to see a really deep study of this, read "Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy Of The Mass Media" by Edward S. Herman and Noam Chomsky. It's a bit dated now [[from 1988) which is all the more remarkable because that's not long after the "liberal media" myth began.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast