Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Help Me Locate a Cemetery in Oakland County

I like to photograph in cemeteries and a few years ago I found one accidentally and can't remember exactly where it was. I've searched cemetery listings and haven't found it, either. It is located in Oakland county, west of Telegraph, like on Merriman or Middle Belt, over in that area. I believe it is between 12 and 14 mile road. It is located on the east side of the street and while it wasn't that large, did have a road through it.

Does anybody know any smaller cemeteries in that area?

Thanks!

Here's a map

maybe this one ?
    Holy Sepulchre Cemetery‎
    25800 West 10 Mile Road
    Southfield, MI 48033

Another place to check would be www.interment.net It's by no means a complete list, but it might help.
    Last edited by douglasm; August-31-12 at 03:55 PM.

That area is actually Farmington Hills, I think. If you use the map link above, change the location from Livonia to Farmington Hills. It shows a couple cemeteries on 12 Mile in that vicinity.

Go to www.findagrave.com there are 165 cemeteries listed for Oakland County you should be able to find the one you are looking for there.

I'm guessing you are looking for old cemeteries. The one that sort fits your location is the North Farmington Cemetery adjacent to North Farmington HS between 13 and 14 on the eastside of Farmington Road. Link

Other candidates are the Quaker cemetery, hidden in a residential neighborhood here and the Oakwood Cemetery, IMO the most beautiful and historic, here at Grand River and Gill. Both have internments since the early 19th C.

Another to the east of your area is here, the East Farmington Cemetery on 12 Mile east of Middebelt.

Here's a helpful on-line resource: Michigan Cemetery Sources, Michigan Dept. of Education

Home Page - History and Description

The Michigan Cemetery Sources web site represents a compilation of published cemetery transcriptions located at the Library of Michigan and links to Michigan cemetery websites. This database also identifies the location of over 3,700 cemeteries in Michigan. It is NOT intended to include a list of personal names.

The compilation of this data began before computers were widely used. This information has been gathered from a variety of sources. Staff identified Michigan cemetery transcriptions in the Library and created a card file to aid in finding materials. Materials provided by the State Archives of Michigan and the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulation concerning the defunct Michigan Cemetery Commission were also of great value in identifying the existence and location of cemeteries.

Much of this searchable information was published in the Michigan Cemetery Atlas and the Michigan Cemetery Source Book. The web site also contains information received by the Library since the Atlas [[1991) and Source Book [[1994) were published.

This site is a work in progress that will be updated as the Library catalogs additional transcriptions received for Michigan cemeteries and adds links from the Internet.

Seach Page

Thanks. I have checked lists and did not find it. It is not the Holy Sepulchre Cemetery‎. And it's not the Farmington Cemeteries either. There is one right on 12 Mile [[small), north side of street, and another on Farmington Rd. next to the high school. And the one on Grand River right after where Shiawasee merges.

None of those. This was not a particularly old cemetery. I went through all the links on this site and didn't find it:

http://michigan.hometownlocator.com/...fips,26125.cfm

I'm thinking it was more in W. Bloomfield area than Farmington. Perhaps it is north of Maple? This was a few years ago. I took some pictures there but I have nearly 180,000 photos and it would be tough to find.

Thanks.

I wonder if the local historical society might help. They're usually run by little old ladies with long memories who know little details like where the bodies are buried.....

Here is one Middlebelt and Lone Pine.
    https://maps.google.com/?ll=42.57308,-83.33756&z=18&t=h

You might consider checking the Burton Historical Library online. They might have something there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
    Here is one Middlebelt and Lone Pine.
    https://maps.google.com/?ll=42.57308,-83.33756&z=18&t=h
    I think that's it! It is called Pine Lake Cemetery and I didn't check that link because I didn't remember any connection to a lake.

Thank you so much.
    Last edited by Fulcanelli; September-02-12 at 05:02 AM.