Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cats at Adams St. Building

Hey all. Wondering if anyone knows who is taking care of the cat colony at the old building at the corner of Adams and Park on Grand Circus. I'd love to talk to them about it. They can call me at 313-222-8767. Thanks!

my apartment looks into the building. They are out on the windows quite a bit. I even wrote a game of death style story involving my cat. There is a guy that usually swings by in the morning and drops off food.

I think the caretaker is a white guy with red hair and really thick glasses. He favors plaid shirts and talks kinda funny.

Catman.
    Superhero of catlovers and cats.

I called the humane society about the cats and their answer was we will not deal with them if you catch them you can drop them off at any of their locations. Isn't their whole existence to take action when a large number of animals are neglected? Makes one rethink all those commercials asking for money! On the other hand it did look like there was someone trying to help them.

The cat herds are really a farm and are being harvested by the Chinese restaurant in the Millender Center.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    I called the humane society about the cats and their answer was we will not deal with them if you catch them you can drop them off at any of their locations. Isn't their whole existence to take action when a large number of animals are neglected? Makes one rethink all those commercials asking for money! On the other hand it did look like there was someone trying to help them.
    You're thinking of the ASPCA

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    You're thinking of the ASPCA
    Them too but isn't it the HUMANE society!

I was walking down Adams at night and them cats stole my wallet and my nikes.

http://www.allaboutanimalsrescue.org/stray-cats/

all about animals has an excellent stray/feral cat program..they trap, fix and release... allowing the animals to stop breeding but still live out thier lives

Chitaku - Would you mind giving me a call? I'd like to hear more about seeing them from the windows? 313-222-8767. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    I think the caretaker is a white guy with red hair and really thick glasses. He favors plaid shirts and talks kinda funny.
    Lol is his name Bubbles?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post

Dose he wear really big shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Dose he wear really big shoes?
    Markd gets it; you don't, wheels.

article from the Free Press today

http://www.freep.com/article/20120904/NEWS01/309040034/Homeless-cats-find-shelter-love-in-Detroit-ruins