Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 'Cuz It's Really Dad and Grampa's Fault

Jeb sez to stop teasing his brother.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...g-my-brother/1

Because we all know it is really their father and grandfather who screwed the pooch [[among other beings) on their way to the bottom. Ruining our democratic republic experiment along the way.

Those Bushes...when will they ever stop?!

So you totally disavow any contribution George W. Bush could have had to our current economic conditions, as well as any president preceding him? Not saying Obama has not made conditions worse, but you do know the current financial situation we're facing started before Obama was even elected right? A fact that even Jeb admitted to when he said, "I mean, look, the guy [[Obama) was dealt a difficult hand, no question about it." I'm not getting your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    So you totally disavow any contribution George W. Bush could have had to our current economic conditions, as well as any president preceding him? Not saying Obama has not made conditions worse, but you do know the current financial situation we're facing started before Obama was even elected right? A fact that even Jeb admitted to when he said, "I mean, look, the guy [[Obama) was dealt a difficult hand, no question about it." I'm not getting your point.

Oh, we are more together on this than you think. I agree with everything you say.

I am not disavowing culpability towards W and his gang of merry NeoCons, quite the contrary. THEY are trying to dump it all on the President. Every time I hear, "Don't blame W"...which is a mantra of the GOP's party in Florida this week...I am going to remind everyone that it was moreso those with daddy GHW and grandpappy Prescott who sent the USA on this downward spiral of economic growth only through war.

W isn't as evil as GHW, but he makes up for it in stupidity.

They are setting up Jeb as a legitimate candidate...trust me, there will be some floor action to move him into the power shuffle. They probably won't do the whole 'sneak a Bush into the VP slot and then try to kill the president' plan again...but they are trying to get Jeb into the succession line.

Watch those Bushes, and don't let anyone...especially one of them...try to get you to look the other way!

Cheers!

My bad. The way you worded what you said seemed sarcastic to me. Okay, got you now.

My bad. The way you worded what you said seemed sarcastic to me. Okay, got you now.
    They even have a namesake Prescott in the wings ready to give the world yet another George Bush to talk about!

Gotta end this dynasty...before they get truly nasty.

We were promised a sarcasm font! where is it? with our jet packs?

I thought that this was it.

Maybe it needs to be this big, though.

Makes some people crazy.

So you totally disavow any contribution George W. Bush could have had to our current economic conditions, as well as any president preceding him?
    Are we still beating the Bush drum? We can blame Bush II no more than we can blame Clinton "exclusively" for the recession. We've gone over this a hundred times on this forum, and we should all know by now the causes are a long and distinguished cookie jar that almost everyone had their hand in.

Actually the main causes were Housing Policy [[#1) and Bank Deregulation [[#2). Unfortunately, neither have been repaired, and an Act designed to protect the public after the First Great Recession that Bill Clinton repealed is still repealed.

See : Glass-Steagall Act
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass%E2%80%93Steagall_Act

During the 2009 House of Representatives consideration of H.R. 4173, the bill that became the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010,

Representative
    Maurice Hinchey [[D-NY) proposed an amendment to the bill that would have reenacted Glass-Steagall Sections 20 and 32 and also prohibited bank insurance activities.

The amendment was not voted on by the House.
    [411]

On December 16, 2009, Senators John McCain [[R-AZ) and Maria Cantwell [[D-WA) introduced in the Senate the “Banking Integrity Act of 2009” [[S.2886), which would have reinstated Glass-Steagall Sections 20 and 32, but was not voted on by the Senate.[411][412]

Before the Senate acted on its version of what became the Dodd-Frank Act, the Congressional Research Service issued a report describing securities activities banks and their affiliates had conducted before the GLBA. The Report stated Glass-Steagall had “imperfectly separated, to a certain degree” commercial and investment banking and described the extensive securities activities the Federal Reserve Board had authorized for “Section 20 affiliates” since the 1980s.[413]

The Obama Administration has been criticized for opposing Glass-Steagall reenactment
    It's only a matter of time till it happens all over again.
    Last edited by Papasito; August-28-12 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Actually the main causes were Housing Policy [[#1) and Bank Deregulation [[#2).
    Not housing policy, but the creation of Credit Default Swaps and the proliferation of sub-prime mortgages they supported. The housing bubble burst, as most bubbles do, from the top down. It was the over-extended upper income buyers who first started defaulting in large numbers. THOSE defaults were preceded by crashes in the heavily deregulated Irish, Icelandic, etc. banks. the 2008 recession was first and foremost a banking crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Are we still beating the Bush drum? We can blame Bush II no more than we can blame Clinton "exclusively" for the recession. We've gone over this a hundred times on this forum, and we should all know by now the causes are a long and distinguished cookie jar that almost everyone had their hand in.

Actually the main causes were Housing Policy [[#1) and Bank Deregulation [[#2). Unfortunately, neither have been repaired, and an Act designed to protect the public after the First Great Recession that Bill Clinton repealed is still repealed.

See : Glass-Steagall Act
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass%E2%80%93Steagall_Act

It's only a matter of time till it happens all over again.
    Do you have a hard time with reading comprehension? My quote was exactly this: "So you totally disavow any contribution George W. Bush could have had to our current economic conditions, as well as any president preceding him?"

Who is blaming George W. more than Clinton? I wish some of you cats could get over your partisanship. We could probably move the country forward if it weren't for those who are so scared to look at the whole picture objectively.