Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Forgotten Howe

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ns0=1&redirs=0

For 37 years the Detroit Red Wings had a Howe at the helm.

Cheers[[and thoughts) to the forgotten Howe!

Anyone remember Syd?

I tried to tell the tale of the Rangers and the Wings in my basement during the 50's. My computer crashed. Tiki bar, My mom was a model, and had a girlfriend with the Rangers. [[If you know what I mean). And the Wings stopped over for Christmas. Because there was no other place to go, at that night, they ended up in an Oak Park basement, during the holidays.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I tried to tell the tale of the Rangers and the Wings in my basement during the 50's. My computer crashed. Tiki bar, My mom was a model, and had a girlfriend with the Rangers. [[If you know what I mean). And the Wings stopped over for Christmas. Because there was no other place to go, at that night, they ended up in an Oak Park basement, during the holidays.
    Try again, please. Sounds like a good story.

Well, the story goes, that my mom was a runway model for Winklemans, and had a girlfriend that was dating one of the New York Rangers at the time. They had no place to go after the game, so my mom and dad invited them over for drinks in the basement, which was set up as a bamboo tiki bar. Well the guy from the Rangers was friends with a guy from the Wings, who invited his friends, and so on. Turns out that about 10 pro hockey players, including Gordie, showed up for a Christmas Eve party at the house on Lincoln and Coolidge in Oak Park.

This took place in the early 50's.

Who is the 'other' Howe, I ask, tongue in cheek?

Syd Howe, Marty Barry, Larry Aurie and 'Count' Don Grosso, et al.

Oh, yes. there was that other kid, Gordie. He came after my day.

Stosh Guest

Interesting story. I wonder whether Lou Fontinato was among the Ranger players that night.

Last edited by Stosh; April-02-09 at 09:17 PM.

Great pic. I think they would have run out of ice if Fontinato showed up because he would have used it all on his face which Gordie rearranged. Hey Bigb23, if your mom was a runway model, how bout posting a pic of her in the chicks we dig thread?

I have some shots, I'll have to do that.