Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default HELP: I Need To Find A Mansion Or A Large Home In Metro Detroit Area For Rent

Hello my fellow Detroiters,

I want to rent out a mansion or a large home for a wedding that I want to take place in Detroit. I wanted to rent a location in Boston Edison, Rosedale Park, Indian Village, or Grosse Pointe but I have not been able to find any contact information for rentals. I know that the Berry Gordy mansion was available to rent for a time but I’m not sure if that location is still an option.
    If anyone can help in any way with phone numbers, websites, emails for properties in the Metro Detroit area that will rent out a mansion or a large home please respond to this message.
    Other areas of interest are West Bloomfield, Farmington Hills, Downtown Detroit, Novi, Troy, and Commerce Township.

Thanks for your time.
    Amir

http://www.warmemorial.org/

I've been to several weddings, and unfortunately a funeral for a servicemember here.

It is a great place for a wedding, though I imagine they have a pretty busy schedule.

Meadowbrook Hall in Rochester is an amazing place for a wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    http://www.warmemorial.org/

I've been to several weddings, and unfortunately a funeral for a servicemember here.

It is a great place for a wedding, though I imagine they have a pretty busy schedule.
    I've been to a wedding there. It was a wonderful spot

What kind of "mansion" do you want? I think you should narrow your geographic choices.

There are very few mansions in some of these locations, and a Novi location couldn't be more different than a Boston Edison location. Except for one small neighborhood near 8 Mile, I don't think I've seen mansions in Novi. Mostly tract homes and McMansions. Same goes for Troy, Farmington Hills, and Commerce [[though there are large homes on lakes in Commerce).

If you're defining mansion as "very large home on large lot" look in Bloomfield Hills/Township especially, and, to a lesser extent, Franklin, Oakland Township, Orchard Lake, Grosse Pointe Shores.

If you want an older, classic mansion, look only in Detroit and the Pointes [[again, mostly Shores).

I want to thank everyone for taking time out to reply to this post.
    I am looking to rent a mansion or a large home so I can use my own caterer and my own bartenders. I would not mind renting a location like a banquet hall if they would allow one to use their own caterers but that has been very hard to find.

I attended a wedding and reception at the Fisher Mansion...it was wonderful!!!