Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dally In The Alley 2012

Who is going? Bands are listed on their page, and we recognize only a few. Which bands would you recommend?
    I hope to see old Corridor acquaintances. We usually set up our green lawn chairs on Forest, near the Forest Stage. This allows Colleen to sit while I walk around more.
    Reminds me of great times, living at Franzen, then Forest Arms apartments, in the 1960s!
    Dally On....

Dally On Bobl. While your wandering around stop by the martini couch and have a cocktail on me.

By the way, as I do every year, Im looking for a disposable couch. Bedbug free a must

If anyone has a couch they want to get rid of p;ease let me know in the next coupla weeks and I may take it off your hands. Cant be a love seat, the bigger the better. Free martinis all night for the one who donates the sweetest couch.

Dally on

I'm moving into a house on Forest [[between 2nd and 3rd) this weekend. What exactly are the boundaries of the Dally? Is it just limited to the alley, or do they close off part of the streets?

web, your gonna be smack dab in the middle of it. Boundaries are Hancock, Forest, 2nd, and 3rd. Your street will be closed down.

I remember a couple years ago I believe, the Dally wasn't allowing people to bring their own booze in [[not hard to sneak in, and I have personally never been stopped). My buddy who lived in a house at the time within the boarders was carrying a case of beer and almost got into a fight with one of the dally workers who was giving him lip trying to tell him he couldn't bring the case of beer. It was kind of funny.

@ H.R.
    We hire security from outside the corridor, it may have been one of them. Nothing wrong with bringing a case of beer or a keg to a friends house who lives on the block but you cant be carrying open containers of your own booze around the Dally.
    I have my martini couch every year at the Dally but Im on private property in one of the Dally donated garages so I sneak by the rules but I cant allow my martinis to wander outside of the couch area. Feel free to stop by and introduce yourself and have a cocktail on me, btw that goes for any Dyes'ser
    Sorry your Buddy had that happen to him, someone jumped the gun. Ill bring that story up at the next meeting so hopefully it wont happen again.

DALLY ON.

It was no big deal, Me may of been drinking one of the beers in the other hand but I don't remember. That was what probably set the whole thing off. I usually try to buy a few from the venders to help the cause myself. I should make it down there this year.

Django, how do I get one of your martinis! Daly's my favorite Detroit even't I've been going since it started and only missed a few. Hope we have some great weather!

Just find the martini couch next to the beer garage, introduce yourself and have a seat if you can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Im looking for a disposable couch. Bedbug free
    There's two disposed couches by your garage. The bedbugs are free.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    There's two disposed couches by your garage. The bedbugs are free.
    Don't worry. If they are still there the night before Dally, we will remove them.

Speaking of Friday night before the Dally, volunteers will be removing garbage from the Alley in preparation. Feel free to come join us from 6pm to midnight. Please bring work gloves if you have them. It will be a fun night!

Django, if you find couches, please let us know not to toss them. I don't want to ruin my chance at a martini.

^^^^ Love your handle "Lukabottle" ........ I may stop by the Dally. Will look for Dyer's!

OP, do you remember a guy named Dennis Hanner?

Best free music festival, anywhere, in Detroit this weekend. One week until the Dally. Dally On!

Thanks Zacha341!

So excited for the 35th year! Help us keep Dally in the Alley a free, volunteer run,sponsorship-free event. Email me at volunteers.dallyinthealley@gmail.com to volunteer or show up at the picnic.

Thursday, September 6th - Dally in the Alley Picnic
    Time: 6:30pm to 8:30pm
    Location: 4632 Second Avenue in the backyard, accessible from the alley
    This is a potluck and BYOB event. This is an opportunity to meet fellow volunteers and the organizers. Find out how to get involved next year.

Friday, September 7th – Dally in the Alley Setup
    Time: 6pm to Midnight
    If you have them, please bring work gloves and utility knife for cutting snow-fence. Feel free to just show up.

Saturday, September 8th –Dally in the Alley

Sunday, September 9th – Dally Hangover Cleanup
    Time: 11am to 1pm
    We will be sweeping, trash pickup, hauling trash/materials, and general outdoor maintenance. Feel free to just show up.

dally on..........

Thank for the dates Luka. I think I'll go this year!

Quote Originally Posted by lukabottle View Post
    Thanks Zacha341!

Dally's today! Get off your computer and go!

Here is the band I am headed down to see at 1:30 - http://www.zydecohepcats.com/

Erich Goebel on guitar...this guy is good !

Django - Ill keep an eye out for you............................................... ......................um.......................... ...........sorry about that...lol
    Last edited by mauser; September-08-12 at 05:03 AM. Reason: passed out and my face hit the computer screen

Here's the music schedule:
    http://www.dallyinthealley.com/music/

Im gonna try and get there in time to see the Copper Thieves. Then we will see how long I last.
    Remember Sunday is cleanup day, it would be nice to get some helpers

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Here is the band I am headed down to see at 1:30 - http://www.zydecohepcats.com/ Erich Goebel on guitar...this guy is good ! Django - Ill keep an eye out for you............................................... ......................um.......................... ...........sorry about that...lol
    Mauser!

He and Cloyd have a disc now that will blow your socks off.

It is as The Flying Crowbars, and the copy I have has no other title on it.

There are some classic, classic recordings on it...the tunes are amazing, the musicianship outstanding...and the recording quality is among the best I've heard out of ANY Detroit studio.

And this one is in his basement!

His brother is one gifted recording engineer. They made the last cut sound as if they followed Robert Johnson at that old Oil Can microphone by the crossroads.

This one will go down in the history of blues as a pantheon to these geniuses.

As for the Dally, I just got my confirmation call for my evening appointment at the Martini couch. I'm planning on standing halfway between the Alley and Garden stages near nine o'clock for an acoustical mashup of Loretta Lucas with Deep Red.

Cheers...rain, rain go away...everyone else is welcome!
    Last edited by Gannon; September-08-12 at 09:05 AM.

Gannon: James Cloyd and Erich are always great live. We love James.

DALLY ON!

We're getting a late start...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Mauser!

He and Cloyd have a disc now that will blow your socks off.

It is as The Flying Crowbars, and the copy I have has no other title on it.

There are some classic, classic recordings on it...the tunes are amazing, the musicianship outstanding...and the recording quality is among the best I've heard out of ANY Detroit studio.

And this one is in his basement!

His brother is one gifted recording engineer. They made the last cut sound as if they followed Robert Johnson at that old Oil Can microphone by the crossroads.

This one will go down in the history of blues as a pantheon to these geniuses.

As for the Dally, I just got my confirmation call for my evening appointment at the Martini couch. I'm planning on standing halfway between the Alley and Garden stages near nine o'clock for an acoustical mashup of Loretta Lucas with Deep Red.

Cheers...rain, rain go away...everyone else is welcome!
    Gannon
    Post some pictures of the Dally. I'm not going to be able to make it. My 2 nieces are in from San Francisco,I told them about the martini couch, tell Django hi
    cheers!
    PGN421

Here is a set of Dally photos - great hanging out with John and his lady as well as the great Django !

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8695061&type=1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast