Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lorax Guest

Default Payday For The Bush Crime Family

Well folks, and especially you Republicans out there, the entire meaning of the Iraq invasion and occupation has finally come full circle, and strangely, coincides with our pullout of combat troops this week.

The Iraq oil ministry has announced that for the first time in thirty years, Iraq will begin selling oil leases!

Not since Saddam Hussein nationalized the oil fields of Iraq has any foreign entity been entitled to the riches beneath the sands of Iraq.....until now.

Anyone hazard to guess who's getting some of those oil leases? I'll leave that to your fertile imaginations.

Anyone hazard to guess if this will result in lower oil/gas prices for the United States. I think not.

I have just one thing to say to the Bush Crime Family:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

What happened to the promise that Rummy and Cheney made about Iraq's oil revenue paying the U.S. for "liberating" them? I guess it was about as true as when Bush said our troops would be welcomed and showered with flowers when we arrive.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    What happened to the promise that Rummy and Cheney made about Iraq's oil revenue paying the U.S. for "liberating" them? I guess it was about as true as when Bush said our troops would be welcomed and showered with flowers when we arrive.
    You'd think the least we could get would be 35 cents a gallon gas like they have in Iraq, for the trillion bucks we spent and the 4000+ lives.

But apparently that's asking too much.

We didn't go there for oil. The oil leases were probably part of the deal to get us to start pulling troops out. If we had went there for oil we would be getting more than we are. We don't get that much oil from the middle east anyway. Canada, Mexico and Venezuela are the three main sources.

The "Oil ruse" is just a big smokescreen.

Look for yourself:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    The oil leases were probably part of the deal to get us to start pulling troops out.
    Thanks for validating my previous post.

Also, Big Oil will now be getting ALOT more out of Iraq, which was my point exactly- trouble is, we won't benefit from it for our trillion spent and 4000+ lives spent, not to mention the 1,000,000 Iraqui's murdered in the process.

Funny how the oil fields, pipelines etc, in Iraq seemed to weather the invasion & occupation so well. We can secure the oil interests of the Bush Crime Family, but can't seem to secure Baghdad. Interesting.

That oil will be sold to the highest bidder on the open market, no restitution for us, sadly. Same would be true for those nose- pickers who stood around chanting "drill, baby, drill" during the campaign. Any oil or natural gas recovered on US soil or off shore would also be sold on the open market, as current law allows.

Need to change the laws, and stop giving corporate welfare to Big Oil in the form of subsidies.

Constantly being screwed by the Rethugnican run corporations.

Rethugnicans have earned their moniker.

Also, Big Oil will now be getting ALOT more out of Iraq, which was my point exactly- trouble is, we won't benefit from it for our trillion spent and 4000+ lives spent, not to mention the 1,000,000 Iraqui's murdered in the process.
    BBC had a twist on this today. "Chinese oil refiner Sinopec has made a $7.2bn [[£4.4bn) bid for oil exploration and producing firm Addax, which focuses on Africa and the Middle East.
    "We trust that this acquisition suits Sinopec's strategic goals, that it will strengthen Sinopec's presence in west Africa and Iraq and is a major step in its globalization," said Sinopec in a statement. "
    -http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8118951.stm

Iraq? Maybe Hillary cleared that on her last visit to Beijing along with GM marketing Chinese cars. Big oil is coming to mean Sinopec. Actually, about 84% of the world's oil is controlled by government owned companies that wickedly try to control oil prices.

Yes, let's look at the Republican-run major bidders for Iraqi oil leases:

Royal Dutch Shell [[Dutch)
    Eni [[Italy)
    Lukoil [[Russia)
    Sinopec [[China)
    BP [[Britain)
    Exxon-Mobil [[US)

Lorax Guest

We can also add to that list Unocal, and a handful of connected smaller players, such as Halliburton, Bechtel, etc.

It's not just the oil companies that will benefit, but their Republican-donor supply chain as well.

4real Guest

As to your subtle suggestion
    "Anyone hazard to guess who's getting some of those oil leases? I'll leave that to your fertile imaginations."
    So do you know or are you throwing out BS.
    Are you a communist who hates America? What is wrong with helping out US companies overseas?
    Clinton , Carter, Kissinger, many other ex politicians get big money from the Chi Coms and dictators all over the world all the time.
    Obama will get millions out of office after he BANKRUPTS this country, and we will be left paying for his unconstitutional acts.

Who is getting the leases? Maybe an Oil Company? Since the Bush's have many friends in the oil business, I'm sure someone known by them will get a lease for thier company.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    We didn't go there for oil. The oil leases were probably part of the deal to get us to start pulling troops out. If we had went there for oil we would be getting more than we are. We don't get that much oil from the middle east anyway. Canada, Mexico and Venezuela are the three main sources.
    Actually, depending on which year's statistics you use, Saudi Arabia would be #3, not Venezuela.

And just because we don't get a large percentage of oil from the Middle East doesn't mean that the Middle Eastern oil isn't important. When it comes to oil, what's important is the GLOBAL supply since it's a globally-traded commodity. More than half of the proven oil reserves in the entire world are in the Middle East. Our domestic oil consumption continues to grow, so does China. Obviously, unless we can curb our domestic oil use, we're going to need to import increasingly higher amounts of oil for years to come. And so will China. Obviously whoever has access to the second largest proven oil reserve in the world is going to have a leg-up in the future, wouldn't you say?
    Last edited by WolverinesA2; June-25-09 at 09:52 PM.

ccbatson Guest

They will sell them to buyers who have the most to offer...good for them, and good for everyone.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 4real View Post
    As to your subtle suggestion
    "Anyone hazard to guess who's getting some of those oil leases? I'll leave that to your fertile imaginations."
    So do you know or are you throwing out BS.
    Are you a communist who hates America? What is wrong with helping out US companies overseas?
    Clinton , Carter, Kissinger, many other ex politicians get big money from the Chi Coms and dictators all over the world all the time.
    Obama will get millions out of office after he BANKRUPTS this country, and we will be left paying for his unconstitutional acts.

Who is getting the leases? Maybe an Oil Company? Since the Bush's have many friends in the oil business, I'm sure someone known by them will get a lease for thier company.
    Me, a communist who hates America? Shirley you jest!

Well, at least I'm not a fascist who would sell his countrymen down the river simply because I feel the urge to brown-nose the Bush Tush.

Since you need things spelled out for you, read the later posts, and the list of oil companies were compiled by another poster.

Your buddy, George Goebbels Bush is the one who bankrupted this country. Raping the national treasury of 700 billion bucks to bail out Paulson's Wall Street buddies on the way out the door. Never forget who got us to this point, not Obama, it was the fascist rightwing. Period.
    Last edited by Lorax; June-25-09 at 09:40 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Affordable energy is not only "a" vital interest for any developed [[or undeveloped) nation, it is perhaps "the" vital interest...second only to defense against attack and destruction.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Affordable energy is not only "a" vital interest for any developed [[or undeveloped) nation, it is perhaps "the" vital interest...second only to defense against attack and destruction.
    I couldn't agree more. That's why I'm looking forward to the 1.50 a gallon gas coming our way, now that the Republicans have fulfilled their obligation to get some return on our investment in Iraq. I'm so glad to see it coming, I might even buy a Hummer.

ccbatson Guest

We almost made it...until Obama rescinded the lifting of the ban on off shore drilling, and other domestic energy source development like coal, nuclear, natural gas, shale oil, etc. That, and the 50-80 cents per gallon taxes [[meaning your 1.50 price is really a 70 cent to one dollar price) shot the price back up...Thanks libs.

Lorax Guest

We almost made it...until Obama rescinded the lifting of the ban on off shore drilling, and other domestic energy source development like coal, nuclear, natural gas, shale oil, etc. That, and the 50-80 cents per gallon taxes [[meaning your 1.50 price is really a 70 cent to one dollar price) shot the price back up...Thanks libs.
    LOL!!

Offshore drilling?

We have 2% of the world's oil

We use 25% of it.

Unless there is some magical Tush/Cheney oil field out there the size of the middle east, it aint' happening.

Any oil found on US soil or offshore would be sold on the open market, per the current, repugnican created laws. We would not benefit from it at all.

The Rethugnicans had their Pavlovian base frothing at the "drill baby, drill" mantra being chanted, I couldn't help but laugh heartily at the fools doing it- in front of cameras nonetheless!

The lies being perpetrated by the Reich is truly breathtaking.

Personally, I would prefer to have clean shorelines, since any additional drilling would only make the current bad situation worse, since Rethugnicans advocated for bringing rigs only 40 miles offshore, when they are currently 150 miles offshore.

We don't need more oil, there's plenty of it in the world, we need cleaner energy sources, like the great Republican Boone Pickens advocates for.

ccbatson Guest

We have far more than 2%. The government allows us to access 2%. Conservative estimates that include shale oil and offshore/land based reserves not allowed to be tapped are in the neighbourhood of 3-5 trillion barrels, and that is by today's standards and technology available for exploring and accessing it [[which will surely improve in time under a free market system).

It also excludes nuclear, coal and natural gas.

Lorax Guest

Regardless, these are energies of the past that pollute, and contribute to climate change. Wind and solar are the best bets going forward. Natural gas, ok, I'll go there too. Nuclear is too dangerous, and there is nowhere to store the spent uranium safely.
    Last edited by Lorax; June-28-09 at 05:43 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Pollute? CO2? Better stop exhaling then Lorax.

Lorax...Today, your ignorance evident in these posts is beyond words. You really should do yourself a favor and read about the science behind all of these fables that you have been brainwashed into believing. If nothing else, you will save face and not appear to be a fool.

Lorax Guest

Pollute? CO2? Better stop exhaling then Lorax.

Lorax...Today, your ignorance evident in these posts is beyond words. You really should do yourself a favor and read about the science behind all of these fables that you have been brainwashed into believing. If nothing else, you will save face and not appear to be a fool.
    Sorry, I don't read Rethugnican fascist drivel. That may be your stock in trade, not mine.

I can see with my own eyes the retreating glaciers over the last 30 years, the death of ocean species, the harsher winters in some places, and unending droughts in others.

You're the one who is blinded by corporate generated, fascist gas bag tripe, not me.

It's wild isn't it..and it was Wolfowitz who claimed the roses...same thing that Sharon said when he invaded Lebanon, in the 1980's and gee all he got was Hizzbolah...

ccbatson Guest

Thanks Lorax...for confirming the suspicion that liberals will hide from facts and knowledge at all costs.

BTW, When did you "see" those glaciers? Do you realize that it is a fact that, on balance, the ebb and tide of glacier size is static, and even if it weren't, that would not lead to a conclusion that man made CO2 emissions have anything to do with it.

You do realize that if w were to drill in ANWR that any oil recovered would have to go onto the open market and possibly be bought by say, China, don't you?

Thanks free market folks...

Lorax Guest

Yeah, I know, the Rethugnicans will believe any load of crap tossed in their laps by blowhards like Limbaugh and the Manatee.

Glacier National Park will have no glacier a year from now.

And no, Batts, they don't "come and go" those glaciers have been there for millenia, and aren't suppose to disappear in 30 years. Check out the Alps, and the Andes as well.

Science has opened our eyes while those who cling to religious claptrap and fascist ideology are really the "Lost Boys."

Quote: "we need cleaner energy sources, like the great Republican Boone Pickens advocates for."

You mean like the Great T Boone has already given up on, because he finally realized nobody want's a charge all night-drive 50 mile and repeat vehicle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast