Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Kwame Kilpatrick's New Look for the Courtroom

Kwame's new courtroom image....

Name:  kmk.jpg
Views: 4143
Size:  19.6 KB

lookin sharp. If he has a briefcase stuffed with cash buried somewhere he should been left to some african country where 1) he may be able to blend in and 2) his briefcase of money will allow him to live reasonably well

Dangy! He IS sharp! ----

He looks much better in his orange jumpsuit!

Attachment 15368

Hmmn, I dunno - But I think if you are going down-for-the-count at least look GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    He looks much better in his orange jumpsuit!
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-21-12 at 08:57 PM.

hm. bow tie vs. regular tie. probably no messaging, but interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Yes. Farrakhan stereotype noted but it doesn't look like a Farrakhan tie to me.

To me it says unconventional but traditional, intelligent and nonthreatening but discreet, possibly concealing an underestimated advantage.

I'm not referring to Kilpatrick, just the image of that same bow tie on anyone else.

What does a bow tie say to others here? Sincerely curious.

The bow tie screams Farrakhan..the look screams Farrakhan. For a man with no money, he sure dresses the part, doesn't he?
    What a POS.

superduperman Guest

For one, it's not the type of tie Farrakhan would wear simply because of how big it is. Most if not all of the brothers in the Nation wear a slightly smaller tie and not one that is as flamboyant as this one is. As far as the suit, it's fly.

Now that's a man I'd buy a bean pie from! Personally, I'd like to see the Kwamester show up to court in nothing but a barrel with a couple of shoulder straps. You know, to go with his posturing about how broke he is.

That's not going to happen however you feel about Kilpatrick. The designer of his custom clothing is probably happy to create each tailor made suit. Great advertising!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    Now that's a man I'd buy a bean pie from! Personally, I'd like to see the Kwamester show up to court in nothing but a barrel with a couple of shoulder straps. You know, to go with his posturing about how broke he is.

Expensive is the word. The custom set and style of that bow tie is not off the shelf. Let the show [[games) begin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-22-12 at 08:53 AM.

I wonder whether KK very expensive, very sharp look is related the cultural desire of Black Church-goers to have their ministers wear Rolexes and expensive suits and drive Benz'.
    KK says he's broke yet shows up looking like this . It's almost code speak.
    In a time and place where his every word and image has to be calculated to speak to that one potential juror who will mess things up, he shows up in a very calculated, very custom, very evocative outfit.
    Last edited by SWMAP; August-22-12 at 08:38 AM.

In his interview last week he insisted he couldnt get a fair trial in Detroit. Ha, thats the only place were he could get a trial and get off. So in a weird way he is correct.

As a man who likes a fine bespoke suit, that is remarkably gaudy.

I've seen worse. Thankfully he avoids the very loud colors!

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    As a man who likes a fine bespoke suit, that is remarkably gaudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I've seen worse. Thankfully he avoids the very loud colors!
    That's true. I should have saved the "remarkably" for a worse offense!

Hold on... not every black church in Detroit goes out for the high-fashion attire or expensive watches.

Regarding Kilpatrick, I would not expect anything less. I am not surprised one bit in his level of clothing... it's all part of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I wonder whether KK very expensive, very sharp look is related the cultural desire of Black Church-goers to have their ministers wear Rolexes and expensive suits and drive Benz'.
    In a time and place where his every word and image has to be calculated to speak to that one potential juror who will mess things up, he shows up in a very calculated, very custom, very evocative outfit.

Pee Wee Kilpatrick

That's a good one! ----

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf Rag View Post
    Pee Wee Kilpatrick

You guys act like the way he dresses is something new. He always has been a "clotheshorse" since his days in Lansing. He's not a gaudy dresser by any means.
    The late Chuck Daly's style was very similar, and nobody criticized him. All they ever said was Chuck was one of the best dressed coaches in the NBA. Not defending KK, because it takes big money to dress like that, high quality men's clothes are expensive, considering he's suppose to be broke.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; August-22-12 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    You guys act like the way he dresses is something new. He always has been a "clotheshorse" since his days in Lansing. He's not a gaudy dresser by any means.
    The late Chuck Daly's style was very similar, and nobody criticized him. All they ever said was Chuck was one of the best dressed coaches in the NBA. Not defending KK, because it takes big money to dress like that, high quality men's clothes are expensive, considering he's suppose to be broke.
    If he's not by any means a gaudy dresser, why is he photographed wearing such a gaudy suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That's not going to happen however you feel about Kilpatrick. The designer of his custom clothing is probably happy to create each tailor made suit. Great advertising!
    Do we know who made the custom suit for KK? The only way the designer would be happy is if his name were associated with the suit and I don't think the tag was on the outside.

KK is still laughing at Detroiters, Wayne County taxpayers and the taxpayers in the entire state [[since we are paying for both the prosecution and the defense)...wearing custom made suits, designer glasses, custom shirts, ties, shoes, etc., claiming he can't get a fair trial in Detroit, saying he didn't steal a dime of Detroit's money [[does he really think everyone is that dumb?), mamma didn't get a fair shake because of him," yes, there's corruption in the City of Detroit, but was I corrupt??? Absolutely not! Did I steal? Absolutely not!"

This man is a sociopath.

I heard he has a couple of designers names circulating among the 'who's-who' of that crowd. They know the designers work from the style and cut especially outfitted for big and tall men.

Umm, and FYI I am not a KK defender... I just don't find it strange or odd that he would be very stylish during this process. As I said before it fits the whole package.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Do we know who made the custom suit for KK? The only way the designer would be happy is if his name were associated with the suit and I don't think the tag was on the outside.

KK is still laughing at Detroiters, Wayne County taxpayers and the taxpayers in the entire state [[since we are paying for both the prosecution and the defense)...wearing custom made suits, designer glasses, custom shirts, ties, shoes, etc., claiming he can't get a fair trial in Detroit, saying he didn't steal a dime of Detroit's money [[does he really think everyone is that dumb?), mamma didn't get a fair shake because of him," yes, there's corruption in the City of Detroit, but was I corrupt??? Absolutely not! Did I steal? Absolutely not!"

This man is a sociopath.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-22-12 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Someone should tell all of those white televangelists and mega church leaders that they are giving in to the cultural desire of Black Churchgoers by wearing expensive suits and jewelry, expensive cars, and mansions.

You don't actually think it's just Black "preachers" that spend money lavishly, do you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast