Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default My blast from the past day

bought a box of Quisp cereal, Velvet peanut butter and Frostie root beer. then watched a billy jack movie

They still make Quisp cereal? Was there a cardboard record on the back of the box?

I always ate Quake. Picked up Frostie Root Beer the other day at Merchants Fine Wine in Dearborn. They also have a Vanilla Root Beer and Ginger Beer. All in glass bottle and made with cane sugar. Good stuff.

I was at the little village of Holly a couple of weeks ago and a store their sold Towne Club pop. Wild and wacky.
    I kind of remember the cereal box that had a record you could cut out. It actually worked as I recall

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    I kind of remember the cereal box that had a record you could cut out. It actually worked as I recall
    Yes, they did.

http://youtu.be/6MewMx4zqes

Another good one. hehe
    Name:  mad.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  68.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I always ate Quake. Picked up Frostie Root Beer the other day at Merchants Fine Wine in Dearborn. They also have a Vanilla Root Beer and Ginger Beer. All in glass bottle and made with cane sugar. Good stuff.
    Remember the "Quisp and Quake" battles where you had to send in to vote for which one would survive?

As a kid, I was on a taste-test panel for what would eventually become Freakies. I had every figure and magnet from those

remember these? my arms were always black and blue. i had yellow ones and they always chipped. i don't think they would put them on the market today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtqGbaO49ME

Loved them!

My all-time favorite toys?

I had at least 12 of them