Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My 1994 suburban stolen!

be on the lookout for my gmc suburban, stolen last night! Has "carl's computers & security concepts" on left rear door, 1994 green, plate #c8105h, rust along lower edges, no roof rack

eyes on the lookout

Might be helpful to post what part of town it was boosted from in case it's still in the area.

I too will be on the lookout.

Question: Are the markings for the business magnetic, or are they permanently affixed?

Also, for those on the lookout: The 1992 and later Suburbans all look a lot alike from the outside. However, if you can see inside, the 1992-1994s have a very square dash. In 1995, they revised the interior and made the dash considerably more rounded.

Probably in little tiny pieces by now

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Probably in little tiny pieces by now
    Boy.... you're quite the optimist aren't you? Hopefully he finds it in one piece.

sorry, Im a realist

Tony Suprano needed parts?

Attachment 15358

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Might be helpful to post what part of town it was boosted from in case it's still in the area.
    Dexter/Joy Rd area!

I hope it doesn't take as long to recover your vehicle as it took mine. After 30 days AAA sent me a check when my car was not located. Almost one year later Detroit Police called to tell me that my car was found in an automobile junk yard that they had under survelliance. I told them that the car they found belonged to AAA and that they should call them.

RC: Car stole in town before
    signed.

Ugh. Every car owners nightmare [[unless the person is running an insurance scam). I am so sorry to hear this. Did you have an alarm or something to disengage the engine [[kill switch)? I am not asking to 'blame the victim' -- I just want to know what the thieves are doing out there...
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-21-12 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlscomputers View Post
    Has "carl's computers & security concepts" on left rear door....
    Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

Hope you recover it.

Have you any new security tips for others after this lesson? Sincerely. [[Trying to turn a negative into a positive.)

The jerk thieves probably felt they had some nice computer goodies to fence on Craigs or the pawn shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

Hope you recover it.

Have you any new security tips for others after this lesson? Sincerely. [[Trying to turn a negative into a positive.)

would be surprised if you could get full coverage on a 94 suburban. Its more like a complete loss. On the other hand the additional costs associated with full coverage may not make much sense for a car with a bluebook value around 3K or less.

Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

Hope you recover it.

Don't park anywhere in Detroit!!! I'm really finding it hard to stay in this crime ridden Hellhole of a City that I love so much? Happened at 4:14 am, all I could see on one of my security cameras on DVR was the taillights as it was pulling out of driveway? Didn't hear anything? Went outside to walk dog about noon & no truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Ugh. Every car owners nightmare [[unless the person is running an insurance scam). I am so sorry to hear this. Did you have an alarm or something to disengage the engine [[kill switch)? I am not asking to 'blame the victim' -- I just want to know what the thieves are doing out there...
    Most likely they broke into lock & broke column, coasted it to street & pushed it with another vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I am so sorry to hear this. Did you have an alarm or something to disengage the engine [[kill switch)? I am not asking to 'blame the victim'
    Careful on these boards. I recently made a comment that one shouldn't leave $25,000 worth of tools in an unattended work van in bad neighborhoods.

I was accused of blaming a victim instead of those who stole the can, then scorned and told I lack a moral compass. I was then challenged to work on jobs and machinery without tools. I'm actually still confused about that one.....

Oh, the old 'push-the-car' technique. Yeah that one is getting popular when they cannot start the car. Ugly. As the car was in your driveway even a basic sound alarm would have at least gotten your attention until they disarmed it. Again I am sorry to hear this.

Most likely they broke into lock & broke column, coasted it to street & pushed it with another vehicle.

Ouch. That's gotta hurt.
    Certainly not good press for the biz. Good luck finding it.

Thanks for the heads-up but I think I'm good on the subject. The OP and others know where I am coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    Careful on these boards. I recently made a comment that one shouldn't leave $25,000 worth of tools in an unattended work van in bad neighborhoods.

be on the lookout for my gmc suburban, stolen last night! Has "carl's computers & security concepts" on left rear door, 1994 green, plate #c8105h, rust along lower edges, no roof rack
    I hope that you get it back [[in working order) but for the future consider getting the best anti-theft device ever made.......

A manual transmission.

Ken

OnStar can find your car once it's been stolen. For imbedded units [[in GM and Saab vehicles), OnStar can also slow/stop the vehicle or prevent the vehicle from being started.

*Disclosure: I work for OnStar.

Quote Originally Posted by jolla View Post
    OnStar can find your car once it's been stolen. For imbedded units [[in GM and Saab vehicles), OnStar can also slow/stop the vehicle or prevent the vehicle from being started.

*Disclosure: I work for OnStar.

That's all fine and good, but OnStar isn't going to help him now. Besides, GM didn't start installing OnStar in their vehicles until 1999 or 2000. His Suburban is a 1994 and probably not worth investing that kind of money in it due to its age.

I was replying more to the other anti-theft suggestions.

I don't know off hand the cost of the FMV [[For My Vehicle) aftermarket units, but if you live in a high-theft area, the cost might be worth it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast