Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I haven't posted on this thread in a while, will try to do a better job of it.
    We have a winner for August 2013!

AUGUST 2013
    Psycho of the Month:

ERBIE BOWSER

Officers were called to the 7100 block of Long Canyon Trail in Dallas at around 10:30 p.m. local time, where they found an adult woman and her adult daughter dead. A 14-year-old male and a 17-year-old female were also found shot at the scene, and were transported to a hospital.
    Police did not identify the victims or provide details on the condition of the wounded on Thursday.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-custody?lite=

It's a double whammy month!

AUGUST 2013

Psycho of the Month #2:

ISRAEL KEYES

Investigators believe there are 11 victims based on interviews with Keyes, in which he confessed to multiple murders but put the number at "less than a dozen," Feldis said.

"Was he referring only to the United States? Could there be victims outside the country? I think there could be, but we don't know," Feldis said.
    http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/of...ocid=ansnews11

PSYCHO OF THE MONTH:
    THE US GOVERNMENT

For shooting and murdering an unarmed woman with a 1 year old child in the car. A woman with a history of mental instability, a "victim" by liberal standards. Were the police right to use DEADLY FORCE to stop her vehicle? Or could they have shot out the tires?

If someone runs into another vehicle, and then hits a barricade, should they be shot and killed [[especially in a "gun free zone") on every occasion?

Carey, 34, was a dental hygienist living in Stamford, Conn. Details of her background began to emerge in the hours after the episode.
    Dr. Barry Weiss, a dentist, told NBC Connecticut that Carey was working for him in January 2012 when she suffered a fall and missed two to three weeks. He said that she appeared increasingly stressed after an unplanned pregnancy. Relatives have said that she may have suffered postpartum depression.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...id=msnhp&pos=1

Was the deadly lethal force used by the Government to murder this woman in order to stop her vehicle necessary?

Shoot a tire, save a life.

The president is going to have a time applying 'damage control' measures for this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    If someone runs into another vehicle, and then hits a barricade, ...
    I don't think she struck another vehicle. The front of her car was ok. One police car ran into a barricade. The other police car was broadsided by a third party vehicle during the chase. The press has been slow in making corrections. I would leave Congress a little space for applauding. They might have been still thinking that there was a shootout as the first reports claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The president is going to have a time applying 'damage control' measures for this one...
    that is the most absurdly stupid thing I've heard today

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I thought he was at the sub shop??

Yep, beyond the sublime and seeming orderliness of it all, sadly we live in an absurd, petty and stupid world, particularly in the court of public opinion, to politics, which often catapults policy from the er-um, high levels.

After all 'someones' got to help us process it all......

I'm simply stating that this incident may require a response attendant to the political 'loss-and-gain' factor, ever present [[depending on how you stand on such subjects) therein.

That's the way of it - especially regarding such a third-rail issue as guns!

And we're yet to see the full roll-out of this! Questions are being asked regarding force from the white house security, moving upward.

As the president has weighed-in to comment on other incidences such as the Trevon Martin case, it may be required of him to make a statement on this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    that is the most absurdly stupid thing I've heard today
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-05-13 at 08:02 AM.

The "Authorities" released enough "Psychos of the Month" to deal with Miriam Carey that can be allocated to at least the next five years of months. It looked like there wasn't enough room in the streets to get more involved. No Government Shutdown problems here.

Yes. This is whole incident is going to have to be re-constituted and re-cogitated fast to satisfy the various positions and constituents, socially and policy wise.

Gonna be hard to square this one...

But a gallant effort will be made on several fronts. Stand by.....

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I don't think she struck another vehicle. The front of her car was ok. One police car ran into a barricade. The other police car was broadsided by a third party vehicle during the chase. The press has been slow in making corrections. I would leave Congress a little space for applauding. They might have been still thinking that there was a shootout as the first reports claimed.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-05-13 at 06:53 AM.

Zach, where exactly do you see political fall-out from this, or anything related to gun control? It doesn't matter how much boldface you use. You have no cohesive, let alone rational, argument here

I'm suddenly reminded of "Professor" Irwin Corey, The World's Foremost Authority. He always had plenty to say but it never seemed to mean anything.

Relax. It's still early for either of us to posit 'absolutes'. Re-read what I WROTE... I presented my opinion as potential, somewhat rhetorical and with sarcasm thrown in; using words like 'may' in my initial comment.

Actually, my hope is that there's little political fallout - as that factor too often obscures the truth of a given situation.

But, as I said this is third-rail issue and I doubt it will NOT serve some use [[sic). Oh, ummm, and I never specifically mentioned 'GUN CONTROL' [[more bold type......)... Hmnn....

Again... we're yet to see the full roll-out of this!

72+ hours forward into and thru the media news spin cycle into early next week should reveal outcomes.

I'll suspend any further, eh, non 'cohesive', argumentation, pending that.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Zach, where exactly do you see political fall-out from this, or anything related to gun control? It doesn't matter how much boldface you use. You have no cohesive, let alone rational, argument here
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-06-13 at 07:31 AM.

Sisters of Capitol Hill driver: She was 'fleeing' police out of fear

Carey’s sisters confirmed that Miriam was being treated for postpartum depression, but said she was under doctor’s supervision and was in the process of being taken off her medication.

Beyond that, her mental capacity was fine, according to her sisters. Despite what authorities have said, their sister didn’t have a political agenda with the White House or anybody else, they said.

“She never talked badly about President Obama," ” Amy Carey Jones said. "She was not walking around delusional, which is what we want the public to understand. She was not delusional.”

http://www.today.com/news/capitol-hill-driver-was-fleeing-police-fear-sisters-say-8C11341030

Yes, I was reading that depression may have been a factor according to family. More will come out on this story... maybe you can post more over at the DetroitYes link on the Miriam Carey case.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-07-13 at 06:17 PM.

Possibly me, hey you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Possibly me, hey you never know.
    I meant psycho of the month.

Man, you folks hit the rack early. I don't ever remember sleeping when I lived in Detroit. Of course I guess that was about 40 years ago and I was a bit more psychotic.

Update: Gone but not forgotten

KOREAN SUPREME LEADER KILLS UNCLE AND UNCLE'S FAMILY

Kim Jong Un’s late uncle was “worse than a dog,” according to the blustery state media account of his purge. But was he killed by a pack of half-starved dogs?
    That’s the claim of Beijing-linked Hong Kong newspaper, Wen Wei Po, which on Dec. 12 reported that the instead of being executed by a firing squad, as is typical, Jang was stripped naked, thrown in a cage with five of his associates, and devoured by 120 hounds as Kim Jong Un and 300 officials watched. The dogs preyed on the prisoners “until they were completely eaten up,”according to the Straits Times, a Singaporean newspaper, who picked up the story on Dec. 24.

http://world.time.com/2014/01/03/a-dog-of-a-story-why-kim-jong-un-probably-did-not-feed-his-uncle-to-120-hounds/

North Korean Leader Kills Entire Family of Executed Uncle

Now Yonhap News Agency reports all Jang’s direct relatives were called to Pyongyang last month and executed in a bid to “clamp down on mutiny”.
    “Extensive executions have been carried out for relatives of Jang Song Thaek,” a source said. “All relatives of Jang have been put to death, including even children.”

http://newscustodian.com/north-korea...xecuted-uncle/

http://www.punchng.com/news/world/nk...family-report/

... AND some people don't think that North Korea is crazy enough to launch nuclear weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post

... AND some people don't think that North Korea is crazy enough to launch nuclear weapons?
    He's nuts, but not suicidal. this whole episode was a power consolidation play.

Besides, NK couldn't hit the ocean if it weren't for gravity

PSYCHO OF THE MONTH
    APRIL 2014

Alex Hribal

The Pennsylvania teenager who is accused of stabbing and slashing schoolmates in an early morning rampage at his high school will be charged as an adult, authorities confirmed.
    Alex Hribal, 16, will face four counts of attempted homicide and 21 counts of aggravated assault.

The Murrysville, Pa., teen allegedly stabbed or slashed 20 fellow students and a security guard at Franklin Regional Senior High School on Wednesday morning minutes before the school's opening bell.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sch...d-adult-n76576

KNIVES SHOULD BE BANNED!
    KNIVES KILL!
    THERE SHOULD BE MASSIVE SWEEPING LEGISLATION
    BANNING ASSAULT KNIVES ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY

Imagine what would have happened if he had a couple of Tek-9s with 32 bullet clips

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3