Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Best place to get jewelery in the area.

For my money, there's a building on Greenfield in Oak Park between 8 and 9 mile that has the best value and selection.
    You could spent a whole day on the third floor ...it's all jewelery.
    Anyone else been there?

Know what you are getting there. Many are there to rip off the uneducated. If you purchase a gem stone get a GIA cert!!

Don't buy jewelry from chain or department stores. These are the worst places to go. Even when you find a 50 percent off sale you're getting ripped off. You're better off with a small independent store with GIA gemologist as owners or workers. The only exception would be a store like Tiffany's but you're paying a premium for the name.

One of my college jobs was working at an independent jewelry store in Dearborn.

My place to go is Simmons and Clark downtown on Broadway. They've been there since forever[[1925?) and always treat me like gold when I'm there [[which isn't much lately). When you buy gemstones, the store will have someone call you about once a year to come in and have your jewelry cleaned and inspected. If there's anything wrong that's covered under the warranty, its taken care of.

Im not a jewelry connoisseur, so I can't speak to their quality compared with other places. But I've gotten some nice complements on my ear sparklers!

What about Les Gold at American Pawn & Jewelry.....just askin' ?

Most pawn shops

My guy was at 7 & Gratiot....but that's been more than a few years ago.