Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Good Girls Go to Paris, impressions ..?

Just wondering if anyone has had any recent experiences at GGGTP? I was there early Saturday evening with Mrs. Gnome and we had an experience unlike any we've had before.

I'm not talking about speed-of-service as we all know they are not a fast food establishment, but rather other aspects of their business.

I don't mean to be vague, just don't want to taint the discussion with specifics. We have been pretty regular customers over the years, but have tailed off the last 9 months to a year.

So what do you know, and when was the last time you walked through their door on Woodward?

Going Saturday AM with a small group. Hmmm now you have me curious.

She managed to alienate many customers at her now closed Grosse Pointe location. That was when she was open, which was not that often.

I've only been there once, about four months ago while we were house-hunting. It was slow but I enjoyed the food. Nothing else really remarkable - good or bad.

Had a friend from Chicago come out to Detroit for a game about two months ago and she and her friends went there - they enjoyed it as far as they told me.

I can't be the only one who thinks it's not too cool to imply some dark thing and then not mention what it is so that no one can actually address it or reply to it. Pretty damn unfair to the nice people [[or at least they've always been nice to me and my family) who have struggled to build and run a business in a place that doesn't support many going concerns.

Sorry Al, I just don't want to influence peoples opinions. I am interested in what people have recently experienced; sounds like you go there all the time, tell me what you know.

Just say what you mean, gnome. I mean, shit. Got something up your nose? Blow it out. It'll do you some good.

Went there for breakfast a couple of months ago, but it was so slo-o-o-w that we had to give up after 15 minutes. Went down to the Majestic instead and had a fantastic, if a bit pricey, breakfast.

I don't care to get my water from the water fountain that is installed in the restaurant. She, the owner, should have the waitress to bring water out to you as other restaurants do.

Last summer, I purchased some chicken crepes from the GGGTP shop in the New Center area. I was disappointed that the crew had not removed any of the skin from the chicken breasts. It was disappointing and I have not returned. Maintaining quality control at all sites is very important for all restaurant chains.

If you want great crepes, great service and an overrall great atmosphere, go to Le Petit Zinc. GGGTP is ok at best.

I thought it was ok. Decent option in the area. It's hard to screw up crepes.

It's a bit odd that they don't offer cider. French creperies are supposed to have cider, which is the usual complement to savory crepes.

I also recommend Le Petit Zinc. Absolutely fabulous! Can't say that I disliked anything on their menu! If you get the chocolate crepes for dessert, watch out, it's death by chocolate. Lemon dessert crepes are really good, too. I do think my fave is the mushroom, spinach and other stuff crepe [[can't remember what they call it).