Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default W Chicago st condition?

Street view looks okay but is from 09.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=chicag...it%2c+MI+48204

5200 West Chicago, Detroit, MI 48204
    across from Nardin Park
    thanks
    Last edited by Richard; August-18-12 at 01:32 PM.

Its about a block and a half from a methadone clinic/drug/alcohol recovery center. Used to spend some time around there. Probably shouldn't worry about it gentrifying any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Its about a block and a half from a methadone clinic/drug/alcohol recovery center. Used to spend some time around there. Probably shouldn't worry about it gentrifying any time soon.
    Even that's gone now...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=chica...217.18,,0,3.78

I stand corrected. Although i wouldnt be so sure. Looks abandoned but you never know with those places. Especially considering the group standing on the sidewalk. You still got the one at Joy and Dexter and another at W.Grand & G.River. Couldn't be more than a mile and a half to either from that Nardin Park address. Probably a couple more Im not aware of. I used to run around selling things out of a duffel bag. Would go in the clinics and sell things to the nurses and patients. That McD up the street used to be alot like a pharmacy. Used to be a busy corner. I could spend all day there at Livernois and Grand River and never run out of people to talk to. I never had any problems but I wouldnt go running around down there at night.