Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Halloween in Detroit [[Any Suggestions)

So, Halloween is my favorite holiday and I always throw a huge bash and go into crazy mode with the decorations. I'd like to throw a Halloween weekend party at our new home in Broderick Tower. Does anyone have any knowledge of good Detroit area places to go for this holiday? Haunted houses ect?

Umm, 'haloween' party at the Broderick, well sure if that's your thing. I don't think we need anymore haunted houses... we have a plenty in operation 24/7/365 ala abandoned homes - he-he ---- !

Quote Originally Posted by jpbollma View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge of good Detroit area places to go for this holiday? Haunted houses ect?
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-18-12 at 11:52 AM.

lol, I expected that to be the dominant response. haha, as for the Broderick, we obviously have to tone it down. Will probably have about 10-12 people at our place and others will stay in hotels. The good thing about our apartment is we have no neighbors on either side.

Good that the Broderick is back online. About how much is occupied now percent wise? The views from the upper floors must be grand. I'd love to live there! I hope you have a good party.

Quote Originally Posted by jpbollma View Post
    lol, I expected that to be the dominant response. haha, as for the Broderick, we obviously have to tone it down. Will probably have about 10-12 people at our place and others will stay in hotels. The good thing about our apartment is we have no neighbors on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Good that the Broderick is back online. About how much is occupied now percent wise? The views from the upper floors must be grand. I'd love to live there! I hope you have a good party.
    I believe there are 134 apartments and only about 20 are unreserved. Very good for a building that isn't even completed yet. The views are fantastic. We will be on the 29th floor and the kitchen looks down into Comerica Park. The living room has a fantastic sky line view.

Pics please, when you move in! Welcome to Detroit!

Stromberg2

"Help The Poor", or "Trick Or Treat"?

..isn't that annual 'haunted detroit' guidebook published soon? September-ish..

Cant give you any good advice on what to do on Halloween, but its sounds like a private party is good.
    Thanks for the Broderick update, this is really great news.
    1. Were do you park
    2. What is left to be done
    3. Are the renters new workers in downtown

Keep us updated on this and any pics would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Cant give you any good advice on what to do on Halloween, but its sounds like a private party is good.
    1. Were do you park

There is underground parking across the street and we will have private secure parking. They are still working on some of the apartments as well as the ground level. The ground level will hold a wine bar, a beer hall, and a bar/grill. The next few floors are office space. I took a few pics on my apartment in progress. I will upload here.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    1. Were do you park

When we toured the building, all of the others who toured seemed to be recent transplants to Detroit.

Anybody ever do the haunted Fort Wayne tour? Are they doing it again this year? I know it sells out fast.

Curious if the underground parking has a tunnel to the Broderick or do you walk across the street?
    What a success story, wish the Book Tower could have the same outcome.

Greenfield Village always does a nice job with its Hallow'een Nights program. The jack o' lantern path alone is worth the price of admission. I've heard good things about Theater Bizarre. I think it is back at Masonic Temple again this year. Here's a list from last year:

http://detroit.about.com/od/artsente...Guide_2008.htm

This might be a good video to show at your party.

http://youtu.be/L8hPwIzsPfE
    Last edited by Wheels; August-20-12 at 06:09 PM.

masonic temple

You should have a DYES party there and show off the Broderick. We will bring the booze.

Theatre Bizarre at the Masonic Temple.
    I didn't make it last year [[their first at the masonic?)
    But they always throw a excellent Halloween bash.
    Its a little pricey, but anyone who's breaking in their new Broderick tower apt should be able to afford it with no problems
    Get your tickets quick though, they always sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMister View Post
    Its a little pricey, but anyone who's breaking in their new Broderick tower apt should be able to afford it with no problems
    Get your tickets quick though, they always sell out.
    Thanks for all of the great suggestions everyone! As promised here are some in progress pics from Broderick. These are from my phone so I apologize for the small size.

My View from on of the kitchen windows.

A Bedroom.. As you can see, they were forced to keep all the original beams in the ceilings, which adds nice character. All of the walls will not be white when finished btw. The floors are a nice white tile, however, they are clearly dirty and dust covered.

Living Room leading to bathroom and two bedrooms. photo.JPG
    85K View Share Download

View From Still Dirty Window. photo.JPG
    92K View Share Download

living room. photo.JPG
    93K View Share Download

Kitchen will have stainless steel appliances.photo.JPG
    92K View Share Download

As for DYES guests, we will see ;-) !

Quote Originally Posted by MrMister View Post
    ...Get your tickets quick though, they always sell out.
    I heard a report on WWJ this morning that the Masons owe DTE a bunch of money in past due bills. DTE put notices on the bldg that they intend to shut off the gas & electricity in the next few days if the bills aren't paid. Hopefully, they can & it won't affect the show.

Not as great as it once was, but still the best Halloween party in Michigan.

http://theatrebizarre.com/the-summon...tober-20-2012/

Anyone know if unit 31H has access to a balcony? Or is it the floor below?

You can trick or treat in Grosse Pointe just east of the Detroit border, everyone else on the eastside of Detroit does.

GUSHI Guest

2 gas containers , a couple boxes of matches, the eastside of Detroit, help mayor bing w his demolition plan,

You got Youmacon over @ The Recen & Cobo Hall.
    http://www.youmacon.com/