Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Gscc - annual backpack/school supply giveaway

GSCC will be holding its Annual BackPack and School Supply Giveaway on Sunday, August 26th from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

A message from Mark Covington, President of GSCC:

I apologize for asking over and over again but we are seriously short on our school supplies and backpacks this year. We need your help. Please donate if you can. We want to make this event special.

We Need Your Help!!! GSCC Backpack And School Supply Giveaway/ Street Fair

Timing is becoming critical...we have less than 10 days left.
    We are in need of Cash, Back Packs and School Supplies.

Backpacks [[new and gently used)
    Three Ring Binders
    Spiral Notebooks

Composition Notebooks
    Pens
    Pencils
    Pencil Sharpeners
    Loose Leaf Paper
    Erasers
    Rulers
    Glue
    Colored Markers
    Colored Pencils
    Pocket Folders
    Pencil Cases
    Crayons

Thank You In Advance!!!!

You can send money through PayPal by going to
    http://georgiastreetgarden.blogspot.com/

Contact Mark for directions, to set up a pick-up or delivery, or for any further information.....313-452-0684

We understand times are tough for a lot of people. No donation is too small. Please remember that we are a registered 501[[c)3 charitable organization so your donations are tax deductible.

For more information on GSCC and it's mission, please check our website: www.georgiastreetcc.com
    Last edited by Blueidone; August-17-12 at 04:48 PM.

Saturday morning bump

Happy Monday Morning! Please help out if you can.

Bumpty bump bump

For those who don't know Georgia Street and Mark Covington; he's a good man, fighting the good fight using a whole lot of love.

Mark started his community garden on a dare. A dare that came from this forum. One of those internet spats where someone sitting behind their keyboard told him that if he planted a garden all his work would be trashed, stolen and vandalized.

He took that dare and with a few forum members broke some pretty tough ground. Years later he's still at it; feeding his neighbors and providing a safe place for them to be a community.

I'm sure you get a lot of requests to give to this cause and that cause; and I'm equally sure they are good causes, but with Mark you can rest assured that every dollar gets doubled or tripled, even dollar goes to feeding hard working families.

Do yourself a favor and check out what he's been doing.

He’s short by about 30 packs. I hear Walgreen’s has them for under $5, go do it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    He’s short by about 30 packs. I hear Walgreen’s has them for under $5, go do it.
    Oldred! Nice to see you.

[[sent my donation in via Pay pal last month)

Hi Pam! I’m off again, I just wanted to bump this, Mark’s a good guy.

I have some extra supplies! i was just asking around yesterday to see where i could take them. I will give Mark a call

Thank you to everyone who assisted and/or donated with this event today. GSCC gave away 122 fully stocked backpacks plus approximately 30 bags of additional school supplies. Another successful event, thanks in part to our Detroit Yes family!