Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Investing In Fixer Uppers A Buyer Explains [[Woodbridge)

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...eader_comments

Why is he investing this way? Jon says he is not looking to sell the properties anytime soon, and is able to turn a bigger profit through sweat equity, ie: doing a lot of the work himself. He plans to buy more properties near his existing ones and has been checking the status of nearby homes that may go into foreclosure soon. We asked him about his ultimate goals as a buyer:
    "While I don't have a number, I can say I want to hit a point where blight is non-existent in Woodbridge. I think that's possible within five years thanks to the sharp increase in demand for housing, more accessible tax foreclosure auction and a city willing to unload property more aggressively than it has in the past. Yeah, that's a sort of hippy-dippy answer that leans more toward social entrepreneurship than traditional entrepreneurship, but it's what matters to me as much as these buildings being able to help me provide for my family."

------
    This would be great if Woodbridge can be completely revitalized within five years. People seem to be much more confident in this area having the WSU police there. Doesn't this kind of prove Detroit absolutely needs more police and better usage of man power to protect some of the neighborhoods that can still be saved and rehabbed?

The property they refer to on Vermont is really on the outskirts of Woodbridge. Not arguing that is isn't in Woodbridge, but that part of it has a long way to go before being blight-ridden.