Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Weekly/Monthly Apartments in Detroit

Good morning, everyone. This may be a stretch due to the occupancy rates in the areas I am looking, but does anyone by chance know of any weekly/monthly temp apartments for rent in Downtown/Midtown/New Center/Lafayette Park/Eastern Market/Woodbridge/Corktown areas? It could be furnished or unfurnished. I received the wonderful news that Broderick Tower is behind schedule and my move in was pushed back from September 1st to September 21st. Ugh. I have already rented out my home in Saginaw, so will need to find a temp living situation. I am assuming I will probably have better luck in the suburbs.

There ought to be some short term furnished rentals downtown. I know several of the large apartment buildings have offered them in the past. Call the major high-rise apartment buildings and ask if they offer furnished corporate rentals.

Yorba Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Yorba Hotel
    Thanks for the suggestions guys!

You might consider the Town Apartments on the corner of Bagley & First. Also the downtown Milner Hotel on Centre Street, right behind the Opera House Garage. And the Milner Hotel on Myrtle right west of Woodward. Good luck and welcome to Detroit.

Check the Cadillac Square Apartments – I think they offer short terms.

If you have a car, factor in parking. The closer you get to the central city the harder it will be to find a place to park, paid or unpaid. Yes there will be times when parking is cheap and easy, but many times it will not be.

Thanks, I definitely discovered that with Broderick. I will be paying $95 per month just to park my hunk of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by jpbollma View Post
    Thanks, I definitely discovered that with Broderick. I will be paying $95 per month just to park my hunk of junk.
    $95 is actually kind of cheap when you consider all of the events in that area.