Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 1900s Detroit Streetlight Luminous Arc lamp find restoration opinions

I recently acquired two very old General Electric Luminous Arc streetlights from Detroit. I had been searching for one of these for about 3 years now. I did not know what to expect to pay but the online auction ate up every last cent of my hidden bid. Here are the two lights that I won: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=90163932800 Now I would like to restore the one that is painted black by lightly media blasting the copper surface to give it an even red/gold satin finish and probably paint the cast iron top and shade lacquer black and clearcoat the whole thing for wifes approval. Now I know patina is historical but I will need to add retrofit globes as is so its just one of those things. I would however love opinions and comments as well as ideas if anyone has one of these as how to attach a globe. The second ficture will be ip for grabs and had a nice green patina but it appears someone polished the nameplate portion. I dont know if anyone has any trader parts like a bishop pole top or something but I would love to share the other light with a Detroit history buff. Any information anyone has on the old Luminous Arc fixtures is appreciated as well as any thoughts or opinions on how to restore as well as attaching a globe. Im looking to get a teardrop globe from formed plastics as a replacement. Thanks for reading! and if you have pics of similar fixtures please post!
    Michael
    Last edited by Moonlighttower; August-14-12 at 12:02 AM. Reason: errors