Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

LodgeDodger Guest

Default Palmer School, Detroit, MI

My Mother was reminiscing about Palmer Elementary School today. Anyone heard of this school? I believe it was around Baltimore Street. She states she had a sibling in every grade--they were a large, Catholic family. Any information would be appreciated.

This would have been in the thirties and forties.

Thank you.

LodgeDodger Guest

.....bump.....

LodgeDodger Guest

*bump*

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    My Mother was reminiscing about Palmer Elementary School today. Anyone heard of this school? I believe it was around Baltimore Street. She states she had a sibling in every grade--they were a large, Catholic family. Any information would be appreciated.

This would have been in the thirties and forties.

Thank you.
    A 1925 list of elementary schools has Palmer located at 545 Horton and the telephone number was Northway 1875. A map search shows an empty lot.

Palmer was located in the North-end section of the city. I went to a school near Palmer named Breitmeyer. Palmer closed around the mid-seventies.