Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 4th Annual Detroit Beer Festival at Eastern Market

I was wondering if anyone has ever attended this event at Eastern Market, which is organized by the Michigan Brewers Guild, and what their experience was like. I took a friend visiting from Texas to the Summer Beer Fest in Ypsi, and we had a GREAT time tasting a lot of the amazing Michigan beers!

It runs from October 26th to the 27th at Eastern Market, and I'm assuming that the vendors will still be out selling their goods then?

Haven't attended one yet, but I hope to convince the wife to let us go to this years event.

Its a great time, a little pricey but worth it if you like beer. You get a bunch tokens for small samples.
    For the market go on Saturday, I think thats the last weekend

it is at the far n.e. corner of the market by roma's cafe. lots of beers and can get crowded later on. btw, the farmers market is open all year.

One of my friends is an organizer of these events...and the Eastern Market Festival will go to two days this year for the first time, as far as I know. We got that news at the Ypsi fest a few weeks ago.

I'd like to see them have half of it in one of the indoor sheds, too, since it seems to rain that time of year.

These really have gotten to be a big deal. The enthusiasm and passion of the brewers and brewees really creates the best party in town.

Anyone inclined to go should acquire their tickets early...every one of these sells out.

$35 for 15 drink tokens which each get you a generous taste of a brew. They are supposed to pour 1.5 ounce for one token, 3 for two...but I've never had anyone measure precisely. Every time, I've got coins leftover. Not sure how that happens.

The music is fabulous, and you will make friends in this crowd.

Cheers!