Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Sprints and Stairs

At the risk of sounding like a D-Bag, I'm looking for a place to run sprints [[at a track) and stairs [[like at a stadium).

I tried running the stairs in the ampitheatres at Hart Plaza, but I was hoping for something about twice as long. And I used to do 100m and 400 m speed runs at U-D Jesuit, but I'm looking for a track that's a little bit closer to downtown.

Anyone know of some places that are safe and fairly convenient?

Thanks - CTY

As I am reading this post there is a very distracting add with a beautiful young girl for Fitness Singles that says "Meet Running Singles". Sorry for the thread jack but how far will advertising invade our lives?

Try the stairs at Joe Louis Arena.

For sprints - MLK High has a running track at its athletic field. Not sure if it's open to the public or not though.

There is a nice stairwell at the southwest corner of Cobo Hall that takes you from Civic Center Drive up to the Cobo Roof.
    http://goo.gl/maps/RS0tE

People Mover stairs....at the risk of looking like a total D-B. Best bet would be the JLA stairs as mentioned prior.