Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anybody know whose Caddy Eldorado this is?

No reason to keep this up- Some of you people here are really actually mean and well, appear to be unhappy in your lives-
    Last edited by Cinderpath; August-12-12 at 09:37 AM.

No idea on the car, but where is the location? The graffiti is intriguing!!

There was a Cadillac in those first few pics? I didn't notice!

But in all seriousness, if you run into that car again in that area, why not just slip a business card or a note under the windshield wiper to see if they'll contact you at a later time. Let them know what you want to do with it and to sweeten the deal- let them know that there's at least some credit given and maybe some cash involved for their efforts.

Promo stunt thread?

At any rate, why do you wish to find the owner of the Caddy?

Occurrence Guest

Model shots with abandoned buildings has never been done before. This is truly unique.

Shollin Guest

I'm confused. You go up to someone's car and sit on it and take pics and don't know who's car it is? Especially in Detroit where people have been shot over who makes better Kool-Aid? If some stranger started sitting on my car and taking pictures, I would be inclined to call the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Model shots with abandoned buildings has never been done before. This is truly unique.
    As are photos of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Great Wall in China, the Pyramids in Eygpt, Skyscrapers in New York...its our local environment, as a photographer we work with what we have.

Don't you guys know? That's Retinto's Cadillac.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderpath View Post
    As are photos of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Great Wall in China, the Pyramids in Eygpt, Skyscrapers in New York...its our local environment, as a photographer we work with what we have.
    This would have been better about 5 years ago. The abandoned building thing has been done to death.

I don't know if he's still around, but there use to be this hack that went by Fuzzytec or something photography who only shot models inside abandoned buildings. His work was unbelievably horrible.

I wouldn't mess around with random people's cars though. That could end rather badly.

The MCS shots look a bit like photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Promo stunt thread?

At any rate, why do you wish to find the owner of the Caddy?
    Yup. Promo stunt thread...as if the photo of the chick's ass in front of the train station might help identify the car owner.

That car is like always parked on 14th south of mi ave.

I saw a chick driving it south on Anthony Wayne just south of warren like two weeks ago.

Thats all I got for ya

I can't believe no one has commented on how awful the actual model is in these photos. She looks constipated...not professional caliber at all...not one ounce of sex appeal...

She's OK, but it looks like she's in a great deal of pain in most of the shots [[and I don't think it's from the shoes). Or at the very least like she REALLY doesn't want to be there.

Cinderpath-

If you wanted to promote your shoot then you should havedone just that. I think you would have received a much more receptive responseif you came at people upfront instead of using the caddy as an excuse forpeople to see your work. Because that's exactly what you wanted. I don't thinkyou should attempt to play people as naive, people saw right through your post.

Detroiters are supportive of their own but next time just be candid aboutyour post.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
    Cinderpath-

If you wanted to promote your shoot then you should havedone just that. I think you would have received a much more receptive responseif you came at people upfront instead of using the caddy as an excuse forpeople to see your work. Because that's exactly what you wanted. I don't thinkyou should attempt to play people as naive, people saw right through your post.

Detroiters are supportive of their own but next time just be candid aboutyour post.

First lets cut to the chase: I had zero interest in promoting my work- The first photos I posted were of the car, and one of the sidewalk next to the car w/ graffiti. I wanted to do more shots of the car, in the future in the area that was the reason I was interested. [[I did in fact get in touch with the owner). I like it as history buff, as it was probably built at the Cadillac Clark Ave Assy plant not far from where the photo was taken. I am funny about working around peoples property, so I wanted to contact them, explain the situation. Work out an arraignment, out of courtesy. I guess I am old fashioned.

One person asked about the graffiti. The naive part of me was to post more of the images with graffiti with others from the shoot, thinking people might want to actually see more form the area. It was after all a fun project in a neat location. And hey it was ironic to see a car built almost 40 years ago roll off the line a few blocks away. That person asking, may have wanted to see the graffiti themselves, which was remarkable. I thought I would tell them exactly where it was, in the spirit of sharing. And not tell them, "Go find it yourself".

I have been a member on these boards for >6 years, and only posted 1,[[ONE) other photo on these boards, prior to this. Promoting my work? Not here, fortunately that is what magazine and book editors do for my work. I come here for information and spirit of community. But I apparently wandered into dangerous territory.

My problem with people on here, is a lot of threads often degenerate into a game of one-upmanship of who can come up even more snide remarks, to the point they become mean. Like the usual post here when a crime is reported, then the blame the victim post often happens within a few minutes. Causing me to question what the hell is wrong with people here: is it not OK to enjoy living, working and recreating, share with others what we do without pissing peoples cornflakes?

Sorry to burst all of your bubbles- there was not any agenda other than asking about the car, another poster asked about the graffiti, I posted a few more photos, then we were off to the races. My mistake, I'll make sure to share my work elsewhere with people who like it, or enjoy it, without the ranker that photographers shoots abandon things here [[duh), and don't feel the need to make pissy remarks that add zero value to the conversation. To quote Sigmund Freud "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Have a wonderful day fellow Detroiters.....

Occurrence Guest

First lets cut to the chase: I had zero interest in promoting my work-
    I call Bullshit. You could just posted the photo of the car, or the woman with the car, to answer your question. Instead you posted a bunch of other photos that had nothing to do with the car. What does this "model" posing in front of the train station have to do with who owns the Caddy? Nothing.

As stated above, you were using that car as a way of attempting to plug your work. We aren't stupid.

I was going to comment on how awful that girl looks, but didn't want to be a prick. Now that others share my opinion, I now beg the question. She looks awful. Modelling is not in her future.
    Again- thanks for proving my point exactly, what does this add to the conversation? PS- She has been professionally modeling since she was 15, and had a lot of success with it, and continues to do so. No need to post other photos of her in publications, etc, here, as meaningless opinions such as yours won't stop her, or your keyboard.

What pics? I dont see any pics or links. What am I missing?

First lets cut to the chase: I had zero interest in promoting my work- The first photos I posted were of the car, and one of the sidewalk next to the car w/ graffiti.
    Then you could have edited/cropped the pictures to cut out the girl so they focused on the car.

And like someone else mentioned, you could have simply put a business card on the windshield asking the owner to contact you instead of posting asking if just by chance anyone in the world might possibly have some off-chance knowledge of the owner.

Professional model? Hmmmm.........

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    What pics? I dont see any pics or links. What am I missing?
    OP took his toys and went home.

Had a bunch of picks of a chick in a black bodysuit doing some strange awkward poses with grimaces of sheer pain on her face. The premise was to ask about the owner of an old brown Cadillac which anyone with any initiative could easily determine.
    Last edited by Meddle; August-12-12 at 03:38 PM.

Damn, sounds like I missed out. What a tease.
    Put em back up Cinder.

I call Bullshit. You could just posted the photo of the car, or the woman with the car, to answer your question. Instead you posted a bunch of other photos that had nothing to do with the car. What does this "model" posing in front of the train station have to do with who owns the Caddy? Nothing.
    As stated above, you were using that car as a way of attempting to plug your work. We aren't stupid.
    One person asked about the location, 14th street, and graffiti there. [[You ought to read the entire post). I showed photos from the location. For the geographically challenged Detroiter, YOU, it is directly across from MCS- go to Google street view, check it out. Anyway, it doesn't matter, no pix to look at now- so go find another thread to complain about, like the other photographer who took photos of skate borders at the Packard Plant. Come to think of it, I think you post in threads to plug your stick-in-the-mud views about everything. I feel sorry for who [[if any) person you are involved with.

One person asked about the location, 14th street, and graffiti there. [[You ought to read the entire post). I showed photos from the location. For the geographically challenged Detroiter, YOU, it is directly across from MCS-
    And again, you could have edited the pictures to focus on the graffiti and location and mentioned the relation to MCS instead of posting another 6 or 7 pictures of the girl.

Shollin Guest

I liked how the stranger conveniently parked the car across 3 spaces and in front of the building, making for a perfect photo opportunity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast