Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default How can Detroiters still be in love with Ya'lls Boy Kwame Kilpatrick?

Well-wishers shout to Kilpatrick [[right) as he walks outside the U.S. District Court in Detroit. "Hey, baby! We love you, baby," one man yelled. "I appreciate y'all," Kilpatrick replied. Throughout his mayoral tenure, Kilpatrick had a deft touch with constituents.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz23A1RgJxF

I honestly cannot fathom how some folks still support this guy, he admitted to the city that he lied. Is he the next Marion Barry? Guess he'll be on the ticket in 2016 to resume his throne and continue his mission from God.

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    Well-wishers shout to Kilpatrick [[right) as he walks outside the U.S. District Court in Detroit. "Hey, baby! We love you, baby," one man yelled. "I appreciate y'all," Kilpatrick replied. Throughout his mayoral tenure, Kilpatrick had a deft touch with constituents.

I honestly cannot fathom how some folks still support this guy, he admitted to the city that he lied. Is he the next Marion Barry? Guess he'll be on the ticket in 2016 to resume his throne and continue his mission from God.
    Think Afghanistan. Many love the Taliban.

When he's back, and he will be back, it will be fascinating to see if voters warm up to him en mass.

I hope that his supporters, ardent though they may be, are smaller in number.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; August-10-12 at 11:59 AM. Reason: typo, clarity

It literally makes me want to be sick when I see and hear these mindless people who still support the man who raped and pillaged the City of Detroit for years.

These people are no better than a bunch of lemmings who would follow KK to their ultimate death, because that's where KK was leading Detroiters, to it's death. Does anyone really think that KK will be convicted the first time? There will be another hung jury, no doubt.

thug life [[werd)

...because some guy shouted that he loved him on the street you've taken that as an opinion poll of all registered voters in the city of Detroit?

Guess he'll be on the ticket in 2016 to resume his throne and continue his mission from God.
    Didn't the state pass a law that convicted felons cannot serve in an elected office right after Kwame went to the pokey?

If anybody is capable of a hung jury it's KK. He will try anything to get out of this. There is no way he is aquitted, but if he can keep getting misstrials he stands a chance. 2nd time is key, didnt work for Sam and I doubt it works for Ferguson, but Kwame its 50/50.
    Its going to be and interesting Fall

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    If anybody is capable of a hung jury it's KK. He will try anything to get out of this. There is no way he is aquitted, but if he can keep getting misstrials he stands a chance. 2nd time is key, didnt work for Sam and I doubt it works for Ferguson, but Kwame its 50/50.
    Its going to be and interesting Fall
    If this guy walks, it will confirm what everyone basically already knew. That our legal system is a joke, and it's not as close to perfect as we can get.

If he walks, that day will denote the day I stopped believing in society and the common good.

Well-wishers shout to Kilpatrick [[right) as he walks outside the U.S. District Court in Detroit. "Hey, baby! We love you, baby," one man yelled. "
    Love is blind.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    ...because some guy shouted that he loved him on the street you've taken that as an opinion poll of all registered voters in the city of Detroit?
    iheartthed...Can't you see I'm trying to start a feeding frenzy

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    If this guy walks, it will confirm what everyone basically already knew. That our legal system is a joke, and it's not as close to perfect as we can get.

If he walks, that day will denote the day I stopped believing in society and the common good.
    I agree, but the facts remain the same. For KK to be guilty there must be a unanimous verdit. All 12 members must vote him guilty and in Detroit, recent history shows 1 or 2 will throw a wrench into the system despite the evidence. Just look at Riddle and Ferguson.

KK is glorified and revered. "The man" is after him and some residents of Detroit will not see him go to jail if they can help it...no matter how much he stole from their pockets...no matter how many people in the City he screwed [[both literally and figuratively)...no matter that he brought the City down to it's knees.

I'm sure that not all residents feel that way, but seeing the reaction of "some" who where outside the courthouse, he is still well loved and has deceived a lot of people, from the residents on down to his wife, children and other family.

KK Has been working on that one person. Ever wonder why he wrote that book and brings it to churches? Bet your life that most people who can sit on a 3-month jury are retired. So there will be a few church ladies in the jury pool. All he needs is one motherly Black woman who is sympathetic to a nice young man with a great smile and a lot of pretended penitence.

In a city populated by crooks and thugs ......

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    KK Has been working on that one person. Ever wonder why he wrote that book and brings it to churches? Bet your life that most people who can sit on a 3-month jury are retired. So there will be a few church ladies in the jury pool. All he needs is one motherly Black woman who is sympathetic to a nice young man with a great smile and a lot of pretended penitence.

Amen brother!

Hitler had 6M people executed and he still has followers. Why do people keep asking these silly questions? Everyone will be loved by someone and hated by someone. EVERYONE. So what's so surprising that some people still love Kwame? It certainly isn't everyone...

The legal system has been broken for decades...but I'll leave that conversation for another day and another topic.

..I'm glad that since it's a federal case, there will be no videotaping allowed in the courtroom.. at least "some" of the daily drama will be minimized in these coming months..

Right. The people I poll more and more understand that Kilpatrick was corrupt and needed to go. To those I come in contact with who still say stupid stuff like he was just 'cheating' on his wife 'what's the big deal?' I personally remind them that it was corruption in part was about 'obstruction of justice' and point them to OTIS so that can see for themselves that adultery is not mentioned once in the list of felonies.

Precisely!

As this is as federal case now, I just hope we'll just see a few seconds of KK and others 'well-healed' walk to and from the court house.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Hitler had 6M people executed and he still has followers. Why do people keep asking these silly questions? Everyone will be loved by someone and hated by someone. EVERYONE. So what's so surprising that some people still love Kwame? It certainly isn't everyone...
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-11-12 at 07:00 AM.

On the contrary, one of the strengths of the American justice system is that it is works very hard to protect the innocent.

That said, it will still be a sad day when he's back in the Manoogian Mansion.

Quite frankly I wouldn't care if it was even a slightly larger mob of his blind devoted posse- all it takes is one determined prosecutor with the goods to send his butt back to jail again.

I'm tired of this guy staining our city on a regular basis. It's shameful enough having him around reminding us of the corruption that he had in office.

A while back I was interning in a certain "enclave" city of Detroit, not named Hamtramck. I had my screen saver as a picture of Detroit with a street sign that said "Kwame Killed my City". I left for the weekend and came back and it was gone. Why? Because he has a lot of people still in favor of him, not only in Detroit, but in its surrounding cities. While he was mayor, he cleaned up the city asthetically, all the while raping the town's funds. It is these "clean-up the streets" programs he did that made people love him, and remember him.

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    he has a lot of people still in favor of him, not only in Detroit, but in its surrounding cities.
    Good point. I seriously don't think it was a Detroit resident who moved him to a plush suburb of Dallas and gave him a $100K+ a year salary to basically do nothing. People don't want to talk about that though.

Kwame is a celebrity. People just want to tell their friends and family that they shook his hand or said something back to them after they called out to him. People rooted for Dilinger eventhough they knew he was a ruthless gangster.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Kwame is a celebrity. People just want to tell their friends and family that they shook his hand or said something back to them after they called out to him. People rooted for Dilinger eventhough they knew he was a ruthless gangster.

Very to the point. Women fall in love and write letters to the worst offenders in prisons all over the world. Some they have never met but take a shine to. They marry them, consummate their marriages at appointed times in private cells, etc... It takes all kinds to make and screw up a planet I guess.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast