Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default RIP Johnnie Bassett

Gonna be a smokin jam session in heaven tonight.

After a great career he became a front man at 50. Who would have thought this session guitar player would all of a sudden change. I'm glad he got the spotlite, he was a local legend and he will be missed.
    I will personally miss him and the Blues Insurgents that gave him a new lease on life.

One of the kindest, most down to earth people I ever met.

RIP.

He and my Dad often did jam sessions or played the same venues back when Dad could play. Dad described him as a "class act", and I can only agree with j to the jeremy. Dad died just about a month ago - hope they're jammin' on the next level.

O.H. Pye Funeral Home is handling Johnnie's funeral.

Visitation and funeral details for Johnnie: http://www.pyefuneralhome.com/visitations/View.php?id=7236